When did you switch totally to cows milk?

Urchin

Reaction score
Or are you still on formula?

At the moment Brody is having some bottles of cows and some of formula. I think I might stay like this for a bit as I like that he's getting the extra vitamins.

What do you do?

hannah is still on sma progress and dont intend changing until she is 2

wen B turned one i tried putting him onto cows milk but thats wen his chest got really bad so mum said it may be the milk so he went bck to formula but as his chest stayed bad for months it obv wasnt the milk
so the last week iv been trying to get him bck on to cows milk but he is having nothing with it hell put the bottle to his mouth then scream and throw the bottle

i tried alex at 11 months as i though it might take a month of doing half and half with formula before he would take to it. but he loved it and drained every beaker so we finished up the last tub of formula and then switched totally to cos milk and he was fine.

saves a ton of money too :cheer:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Aimee has been totally on cows milk since she was almost one.

about 14 months as ella was sick and my doc advised not to change things when she was sick

urchin said:
Or are you still on formula?

At the moment Brody is having some bottles of cows and some of formula. I think I might stay like this for a bit as I like that he's getting the extra vitamins.

What do you do?

after ive finished breast feeding i switch to follow on milk whitch i use til they are two :)

I put Sophie on cows milk at 1, she went straight onto it no probs at all

I started giving him cows milk when he turned 1 along with formula for a month and now he's 14 months and totally on cows milk with no problems and he really loves it!!!

i started giving my lot cows milk a little while after it was their first birthday!!!

We tried switching Lydia over at 11 and a half months, but she didn't like it, so we did it gradually...

1st week we gave her bottles made up with 7oz formula + 1oz cows milk mixed together - just shook it up and it mixed fine.

2nd week we gave her 6oz formula + 2oz cows milk

3rd week we gave her 5oz formula + 3oz cows milk

4th week we gave her 4oz formula + 4oz cows milk

5th week we gave her 3oz formula + 5oz cows milk

6th week we gave her 2oz formula + 6oz cows milk

7th week we gave her 1oz formula + 7oz cows milk

8th week onwards - totally cows milk.

So that process took us up to 13 and a half months.

I started to give Emma cows milk just after her first birthday, but she won't drink it :roll: will have to keep trying.....

Hi

I stopped breastfeeding a few days after Kiaras birthday and started giving it to her then and she took it great :)
Katrina

started giving Ewan cows milk at 11 months, he loved it.
drinks gallons of it even now.
he was eating really well so i wasnt worried.

Hi

I've been wondering about this too. I tried Isaac with cows milk on weetabix a while back and he threw up which is not like him atall. I warmed it a little so it wasn't fridge cold because I didnt want to give him belly ache but he really didnt like it. As you know we are all vegetarian and we have been thinking about going vegan so I might try Isaac with soya milk instead.

Lou :)

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
Hi Urchin

Heidi now has 3 bottles. One after breakfast, one after lunch and one before bed. the first two are cows milk, I then give her follow on milk at the bedtime one. Its weird not having to sterilise or use formuala - its become a way of life! Me and D/H hardly know what to do these days!

We also give her sanatogen baby vitamins (to make sure!!!)

Hope you are well x

L x

I read that you can change to full fat cows milk at the age of 1 providing that your child has a good diet to replace the nutrients lost from formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back