• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you pack your bags

smurf

Reaction score
How far gone where you when you packed your bags. I've got most of the stuff now but need to actually root out a bag.

I have just started washing all the babygros, vests and blankets I've got DH has just said he'll start ironing them tonight. He's brilliant and much better at ironing that I am. :D

My nieces and nephews were born my mum knitted some lovely tiny cardigans for them. Unfortunately my mum died seven years ago so my sisters have passed all the carigans to me :D I've always wanted to bring bubs home from hospital in one of mams caridgans so am going to start washing them all tomorrow. So guess I will pack my bags this weekend.

everyday i tell myself i must pack my bag and still havent done it! :oops: have gathered a few bits together...

That's really nice about using one of the cardigans your mum knitted. My mum has 3 grandkids and for each one started knitting a cardigan and never finished. For mine she has done loads and when I looked at it I thought it was really small....she's using a pattern for premature babies in the first size! Oh well, its the thought that counts eh!

I've got some bits and pieces for my bag but probably won't do for about another 4 weeks yet, but I alreay have my list wriiten of what I need to get :lol:

Planning a homebirth but have packed a bag just incase.
It's already packed - just incase!!

mines already packed , i packed mine a couple of weeks ago

mine is partly packed, i packed my stuff in a small bag because i used my weekend case for my trip to london so will pack properly this week

packed mine last week would you belive.. should have packed it weeks ago... but now its staying in the car... :hug:

im gunna start packing my bags early. probably around 30/ 32 weeks.

got a feeling this little one is gunna be early

I haven't packed my bag yet. I have promised myself I will do it this week as I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. Trouble is I have two lists... one from here and one from the hospital. Not sure which one to pack for. :)

I didn't even think about my hospital bags :shock:
When should I start getting mine ready and what am I supposed to pack? I'm 30 weeks on Friday is that too soon?

Vickyleigh, you can pack bag whenever you want to really. The list below is taken from another post on the forum :D I havent packed yet but my house is in chaos right now because we're packing it up to move. I'm going to pack my hospital bag at weekend if I remember :wink:

What shall I bring to hospital when I go into labour?

This list is primarily for those women who plan to deliver in hospital, however if you are planning for a home birth many of the items suggested you may need.
Your own midwife may have a list also. There are 3 sections in the list:
1. For mums to be,

Your toilet bag with toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, shampoo, soap, hairbrush etc.
2 towels (small and large). I suggest that your bath towel should be a darker shade.
Sanitary towels, the large absorbent type, probably 2 packs.DO NOT USE TAMPONS.
Something comfortable to wear in labour, a loose T-shirt, night-shirt, something that you don't mind getting messy. If you are going to breastfeed you may wish to think about the type that you can open at the front. You may wish to wear a hospital gown for labour. In addition bring nightwear to put on after the birth. If you are in hospital in very early labour you may wish to wear something loose and comfortable during the day.
Dressing gown and slippers
2 or 3 nursing bras. (If you are going to breast-feed). When you are buying these remember that your breasts may be larger. If you are not breast feeding, ordinary bras will be fine but your breast may be larger initially.
about 6 extra pants. You may wish to include old pants or even disposable ones. They may get messy. Think about comfort too.
Odd-bits for the labour room. A personal stereo, tapes, CDs, water spray and sponges, massage oil, anything that you think will be helpful. Some people like to bring their own pillows, sweets.
Books, magazines, something's that will help you to relax, you may do needlework etc.
Plenty of change for the phone, a phonecard. Many hospitals do not allow the use of mobile phones in the maternity unit. Your address/phone numbers book.
comfortable outdoor clothes for travelling home in.
2. For your birthpartner/friend,

Plenty of cold drinks, snacks, sandwiches etc,
change for the phone and telephone numbers,
wear something loose and comfortable,
books, magazines or newspaper for when you take a break,
3. For your baby,

Most hospitals provide a gown for the baby after birth, however you may wish to dress the baby in your own babyclothes. Remember that they may get a bit messy. Do not over-dress you baby, hospitals are very warm places.
3 or 4 babygrows/stretch suits.
disposable nappies (check with your midwife as some provide these)
3 or 4 vests
a cardigan
Shawl/blanket to wrap the baby to come home in.
Hat, mitts, bootees to travel home in.
Some items are not supplied by your hospital so chat with your midwife, they may advise other items.

I was terrible, I hadn't even packed mine by 37 weeks. I ended up being admitted to hospital before I had the chance to do it....absolute nightmare!!!

My advice is the sooner you can pack it the better! :lol:

I'm going to pack mine just after 32 weeks I think. just to be on the safe side.

xx

We went on holiday to Devon a couple of weeks ago, and I packed my hospital bags before we went as wouldn't have liked to end up in hospital a long way from home without any of my stuff.

i think i packed at 35 weeks. luckily i didnt need it as i got my home birth :dance:

Best get ma harris into gear me thinks, i really don't have all that long either :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back