When did/will you give your baby a pillow?

hearts81

Reaction score
Hiya

I have always read that its bad to give your baby a pillow before 1 year old so I've always followed that rule and tonight I put a pillow in Reece's cot. Its amazing, he's never moved off it!!! Usually he's all over the place and ends up waking himself up by getting stuck in weird positions. He looks loads comfier, wish I'd used one far sooner.

Also where did you buy your pillows from? I've never noticed any in the shops (haven't really looked well) so I've made a one out of Reeces old cot bumpers :D

iv been wondering the same thing as B is a big wiggler and wondered if it would help

u can get pillows in mother care

Dior had a pillow frm 9moths for no reason other then i thought it would be more comfy as she used to love nodding of in my bed on my pillow.

Harley has had one from a few weeks old her has a normal pillow and sleeps with his head and sholders up on it. i gave him one as he was getting flat head

in some countrys they recomend pillows from birth to prevent flat head

dionne said:

Wish I'd known that. Reece's head is still really really flat :(

I was told not to give one until the child asks for one.

Lydia doesn't use a pillow yet.

hearts81 said:
dionne said:

Wish I'd known that. Reece's head is still really really flat :(

can you notice it, with his hair?

Harley is bold so its very noticiable. the pillow aint cleared it but has stopped it getting worse

thats how harley lays on his
http://www.goigoibabypillows.co.uk/.

Aaron's had one for a few months he looked so uncomfortable so I tried one. He loves it!

dionne said:
can you notice it, with his hair?

Harley is bold so its very noticiable. the pillow aint cleared it but has stopped it getting worse

thats how harley lays on his
http://www.goigoibabypillows.co.uk/.

You cant tell as much with alll of his hair but when its wet you can totally tell. I dont wanna have him getting picked on in swimming classes when e's older :(

Didn't realise Harley's head was a bit flat Dionne. Is that just with him lying on it then? Really wish I'd known about pillows a year ago :(

its the same with me the flat head dont bother me just the fact that people might take the mic. yh i posted some pics on here before of his head then i done a poll and after 4 people put yes its flat head i got sore about it and asked for the thread to be deleted :oops:

it just went flat from being in his car seat and laying on his matress

hannah has had a pillow since she was 10 months

dionne said:
its the same with me the flat head dont bother me just the fact that people might take the mic. yh i posted some pics on here before of his head then i done a poll and after 4 people put yes its flat head i got sore about it and asked for the thread to be deleted :oops:

it just went flat from being in his car seat and laying on his matress

I never seen the pics. Its a bit of a sore subject with me too. My friends neigbour has just had a baby and when I went to see it she said to me "oh I was so glad when I first saw Natasha and she had a normal shaped head, I was scared incase it would be like Reece's" :shock: My friend was gobsmacked and quickly led me out the house before I lamped her lol.

OMG.... i keep my mouth shut on alot of things but i would have smashed her face in for that :twisted:

I never even got a chance to say anything to her. Wish I had now, you know when loads of insults come into your head after ther incident lol. I have some great ones ready for next time :twisted:

lemme at her!! I'll smack her senseless for you if you like hun! That is SO out of order!!

my 2 girls were just over a year before i gave them a pillow

me-23
oh-23
abigail-27/11/03
tia-11/12/04
jordan-24/12/05

COREY ALSO HAS A FLAT HEAD AND EVERYONE HAS ALWAYS SAID TO ME ABOUT IT BUT MUST TRY THAT PILLOW THINGGY TONIGHT, AND IT IS P*SSING OFF THE WAY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OUR CHILDREN IN A CRITICAL WAY THEY ARE OUR BABIES DO THEY NOT REALISE OUR TEMPERS, MINE HAS WENT A FEW TIMES WITH PPL TALKING ABOUT MY LITTLE BABE. I NORMALLY GET

OH HE IS A BIG BOY LOOKS LIKE A BOY OF A YEAR YOU MUST BE OVER FEEDING HIM
OR
HE MUST FIGHT TO GET THE FOOD FROM YOU
OR
HES NEARLY READY TO START SCHOOL HA HA, - AHHHH NOT FUNNY
OR
SHOULD HE NOT BE SITTING UP BY NOW
OR
HAS HE NOT SAID BA BA YET - NO HE F**KIN HASNT
GRRRRRR SORRY HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST
:wall:

Hi

I was wondering the same thing , hearts i would of told her off.
Katrina

wot kinda pillows do ur babys have
i think B is ready for a pillow now - if he is tired he will pull a pillow down from the sofa and lie there for ages
was it one like of ur bed or a proper baby one as the baby ones iv seen are VERY expensive or am i not look right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back