Grobags to a duvet and pillow in the cot?

mdsremos

Reaction score
Charlie is now 21 months old and we are still using the grobags which he really loves but we are getting to the stage that I think we should be introducing a baby duvet but dont want to upset him. I am also worried that he will start trying to climb out of the cot if we release him at night and he is so happy with his cot with the sides that I dont want to change it to a toddler bed too soon.

Are we holding him back by not letting him develop the skills of sleeping with a duvet, when do you introduce a pillow and is it safe to use a baby duvet in a cot or should we wait until he's in a bed to change it?

Good question!

I have no idea ..but would be interested to see the replys!

i took jacob out of his grow bag once he started standing up in his cot which was a while back. He kept tripping himself up trying to walk. I gave him a pillow before he was one and he loved it. I got his baby quilt out when he was about 14 months, he's still in his cot with sides up (he's 17 months now) he loves the pillow and quilt..

I took my son out of his grobags around 12 months when he figured out how to take it off himself and used to wake up in the night cos he was cold!! We put a duvet and pillow in straight away to test it out and he loved it cos it was just like mommy and daddy's bed. We've kept with it ever since and never had any problems at all. They are safe to use from 12 months +, whether the cot has sides or not.

Elliott is 25 months and is still in his Grobag and cot and he loves both of them. He's never tried to get out of it (yet) and I rather want him to stay there as long as possible because once he's in a duvet he'll be climbing out and once he climbs out it will be chaos as he will be scaling the drawers etc!

+++

Isaac has a cot bed and we went from grobag and cot to pillow duvet and bed (with bed guard) when he was one. He did fall off a couple of times at first when he was getting on and off but he didn't hurt himself and jumped straight back on. Isaac now hates having covers on him too so all them months he spent sleeping in a grobag must have been horrible for him :eek:

Cot bed bedding is very dear too so I'd recommend buying a single duvet and pillow and buying ordinary bedding.

:D

We tried a duvet at about 14 months but she did not settle for 2 nights so we put her back in her grobag. We have the grobag up to 36 months. I think Im going to order the ligher tog one for summer.

I took Joanna out of her grobag when she could stand up by herself so that was probably when she was about 12 months old ish and then I let her sleep with blankets as I was still worried about her having a thick quilt and pillow. I then introduced her a light quilt from Wilkinsons probably when she was 18 or 19 months old but didnt allow her to have a pillow as I still worried of anything happening but then Joanna developed a night time cough so I spoke to my doctor about letting her have a pillow to raise her up a bit and she agreed it was fine as she was nearly 2 years old and she's had her quilt and pillow soon but she kicks her quilt off at night and just sleeps in her vest and trousers which she is very happy with. She also lost her cot sides January of this year just before she turned 2 and i've not had any problems with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back