whats your babies / toddlers fav meal/food

mum2A&L

Reaction score
At the moment alice has a thing for Oranges!! That and shreddies - she has had three bowls of them today (1 breakfast and 2 for snacks!) and 4 oranges!!!! do you recon she can overdose on vit c :wink: :lol: Its my own fault - the fruit bowl is at her height and she helps herself throughout the day. She has recently discovered how to peel oranges so i think thats why they are her food of choice at the moment.

It changes week by week though - Last week it was apples...

what foods do your babies / toddlers like?

interesting question..
Mine didnt try much food soo far..as I have started him on purees like a month and a half agoo.. but soo far PUMPKIN is a winner! second is carrots and third would be apples!! he didn't like bananas though and tried some orange juice but he didn't like it.

Evie cannot resist my Mum's homemade vegetable soup. She has a full bowl of it with bread to dip in and then points to the pan for more!

And blueberries...I swear Evie would sell her soul for just one more blueberry!!! :rotfl:

Smoked salmon, any kind of cheese (really, my Dad had a piece of stilton with balsamic fried onions, and he nicked it and ate it) and pitta bread. Trust me to have the child with expensive taste :roll:

pilkers said:
And blueberries...I swear Evie would sell her soul for just one more blueberry!!! :rotfl:

That sounds like mine too! :lol: She eats them like a conveyer belt - one hand putting one in the mouth, the other picking up another. Makes for minging nappies though :puke:

I make pancakes for us a couple of times a month and she loves them too.

Lol at the blueberries....Dylan is the same. He's a grape addict though - he would eat them until they come out his ears. I have to change hiding places for them because he always finds out where I put them and tries every way to reach them. tbh Dylan loves any fruit at all......in fact he loves food. Some days there's no satisfying his hunger (tonight he had a full beef olive with spuds & veg, then custard & jelly, then decided he wanted to eat half of my beef olive too!)

Blueberries :D anythings with tomatos and cheese in and salmon.

Freya also loves oranges, she has been peeling them for about 2 months now, is wuite handy when I need to do something, I give her a satsuma, it takes her about five minutes to peel, then she takes all the pith off, then eats it, a 10 minuite activity! she also loves grapes (and chocolate buttons :oops: )

daftscotslass said:
pilkers said:

That sounds like mine too! :lol: She eats them like a conveyer belt - one hand putting one in the mouth, the other picking up another. Makes for minging nappies though :puke:

Oh the nappies are vile. I have to issue the nursery a warning if she's had blueberries! :rotfl:

Blueberries here too, although they give her the runniest poos! 6 in one day for my mum and dad last week!

Favourite meal is probably cheesy pasta with peas and garlic bread. Also makes for :puke: nappies!

Lexi's fave meal has to be spaghetti bol... self fed of course :rotfl: what a mess! but she loves it.
but to be honest theres not much ive given her that she doesnt like.. oooo other than coco pops... :puke: shes not likin thems :rotfl:
She would kill for haribo sweets though.. (Jellies-as she calls them) she would honestly bite your hand off if she new you had a haribo in your clasp... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Fresh and frozen Fish cakes, fish fingers (birds eye do salmon ones now!) Fresh salmon fillets, tuna, strawberries, spaghetti hoops and oreos :)

Edit - Also pasta with sauce and garlic bread, cherry tomatos and cucumber and carrot and houmous :D

Lydia loves chicken and chips - not good for her I know
she's also absolutely mad mad MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD about tomatoes. She always has been. She's crazy about them, especially cherry tomatoes.
She loves all fruit as well.

Alex is crazy about spaghetti bolognese. He could eat that until the cows come home!

they both really love mackerel in tomato sauce (from a tin) on toast

linzi-x- said:
Lexi's fave meal has to be spaghetti bol... self fed of course :rotfl: what a mess! but she loves it.
but to be honest theres not much ive given her that she doesnt like.. oooo other than coco pops... :puke: shes not likin thems :rotfl:
She would kill for haribo sweets though.. (Jellies-as she calls them) she would honestly bite your hand off if she new you had a haribo in your clasp... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't you worry she will choke on jelly sweets? Isaac doesn't have jelly sweets because of the damage to his teeth plus I'd rather give him fruit and the occasional oreo but only if he has eaten all his dinner and afters then he can have an oreo to dip in a cup of milk :) When he had his 8 month check up the HV tried to give him a smartie to eat, I was like :talkhand: :shock:

Lou said:
linzi-x- said:

Don't you worry she will choke on jelly sweets? Isaac doesn't have jelly sweets because of the damage to his teeth plus I'd rather give him fruit and the occasional oreo but only if he has eaten all his dinner and afters then he can have an oreo to dip in a cup of milk :) When he had his 8 month check up the HV tried to give him a smartie to eat, I was like :talkhand: :shock:

no i dont worry, i watch her carefully, she doesnt eat them 24/7 so i dont see it as a problem tbh.. she always eat her meals so its not like she substitutes them. i dont see anything wrong in children eatin chocolate or sweets as long as they eat there meals aswell and its not constant.. she is a very healthy child and eats very well. including all fruit and veg x

Stanley is deli diva a the mo; he likes hummus, green olives, crackers/crispbreads and pitta.

His regular faves are bananas and fish fingers (not together). He was even saying fishfingers in his sleep the other night. Just like mummy - dreaming of food.

linzi-x- said:
Lou said:
[quote="linzi-x-":26b0ge7z]Lexi's fave meal has to be spaghetti bol... self fed of course :rotfl: what a mess! but she loves it.

no i dont worry, i watch her carefully, she doesnt eat them 24/7 so i dont see it as a problem tbh.. she always eat her meals so its not like she substitutes them. i dont see anything wrong in children eatin chocolate or sweets as long as they eat there meals aswell and its not constant.. she is a very healthy child and eats very well. including all fruit and veg x[/quote:26b0ge7z]

I disagree, I don't think toddlers should have sweets. Children of school age maybe as a treat (I believe they aren't allowed chocolate and sweets in their lunch boxes anymore anyway?) as long as its occasionally and not a daily occurance. My philosophy is that they won't miss what they've never had so if you don't give it to them then they don't know any diferent! :)

Lou said:
linzi-x- said:
Lou said:
[quote="linzi-x-":97z4s2b1]Lexi's fave meal has to be spaghetti bol... self fed of course :rotfl: what a mess! but she loves it.

no i dont worry, i watch her carefully, she doesnt eat them 24/7 so i dont see it as a problem tbh.. she always eat her meals so its not like she substitutes them. i dont see anything wrong in children eatin chocolate or sweets as long as they eat there meals aswell and its not constant.. she is a very healthy child and eats very well. including all fruit and veg x

I disagree, I don't think toddlers should have sweets. Children of school age maybe as a treat (I believe they aren't allowed chocolate and sweets in their lunch boxes anymore anyway?) as long as its occasionally and not a daily occurance. My philosophy is that they won't miss what they've never had so if you don't give it to them then they don't know any diferent! :)[/quote:97z4s2b1]

well everybody has different opinions Lou....and to be honest linzi didn't ask whether or not you thought her daughter should have sweets or not.

Shouldn't get involved I know, but it bothered me. You seem to be telling her what you think her daughter should or shouldn't be eating, and it's really her decision, not yours. It's a few jellied sweets, not crack cocaine!

Xena said:
Lou said:
linzi-x- said:
Lou said:
[quote="linzi-x-":1onw9l5w]Lexi's fave meal has to be spaghetti bol... self fed of course :rotfl: what a mess! but she loves it.

I disagree, I don't think toddlers should have sweets. Children of school age maybe as a treat (I believe they aren't allowed chocolate and sweets in their lunch boxes anymore anyway?) as long as its occasionally and not a daily occurance. My philosophy is that they won't miss what they've never had so if you don't give it to them then they don't know any diferent! :)

well everybody has different opinions Lou....and to be honest linzi didn't ask whether or not you thought her daughter should have sweets or not.

Shouldn't get involved I know, but it bothered me. You seem to be telling her what you think her daughter should or shouldn't be eating, and it's really her decision, not yours. It's a few jellied sweets, not crack cocaine![/quote:1onw9l5w]

Whoa!!!! Its a thread on a discussion forum about what our toddlers/childrens favourite food is. Would you be cross if I commented on some other members child eating say houmous?

I think some of you forget sometimes that this is a forum and all topics are up for discussion and opinions. I wasn't nasty, or offensive, or rude.

:shakehead:

Lou said:
Xena said:
Lou said:
linzi-x- said:
Lou said:
[quote="linzi-x-":ew46c17f]Lexi's fave meal has to be spaghetti bol... self fed of course :rotfl: what a mess! but she loves it.

Shouldn't get involved I know, but it bothered me. You seem to be telling her what you think her daughter should or shouldn't be eating, and it's really her decision, not yours. It's a few jellied sweets, not crack cocaine!

Whoa!!!! Its a thread on a discussion forum about what our toddlers/childrens favourite food is. Would you be cross if I commented on some other members child eating say houmous?

I think some of you forget sometimes that this is a forum and all topics are up for discussion and opinions. I wasn't nasty, or offensive, or rude.

:shakehead:[/quote:ew46c17f]

exactly, it's a thread on favourite foods. So linzi posted what her child's favourite foods are. I don't think she posted them with the intention of having her decision to give her child the odd jellied sweet here and there so strongly criticized.

No, you weren't offensive or rude in the words you chose, but you were basically saying that you think she's wrong for giving her child sweets, and I didn't think it was called for.

If I were the one on the receiving end of the things you were saying to linzi, I'd have been annoyed.

But anyway I'm letting it go now because it's nothing to do with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back