• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would you do?

babsi

Reaction score
I went to a group yesterday and there was a baby who at 6 months was everywhere, crawling, trying to stand up.

Kai loves being on his tummy and is starting to play with toys on his tummy now but is not very mobile.

This baby kept trying to touch Kai's face and head, and I had to get her off him, her mother didn't do a thing but finally she picked up on things and just sat between them.

I have been made to feel uncomfortable before for putting Kai down when there were more active babies around but he is happy there. Maybe I should have said something to the mother that I didn't want her baby touching mine but I would have thought it was obvious?

Next time I think I will say something.

Hi I know how you feel. I feel uncomfortable putting ella down sometimes when there are older babies toddling around, but I dont want the other mums to think I am being funny or anything! One little boy picked up Ella's dummy and put it in his mouth but I didnt want to say anything, so just waited until the mum relised and gave it me back :oops: but Id like to think that when Ella is crawling walking ect that I would keep a close eye on her around smaller babies!!! its a hard one, personally i wouldnt say anything coz Im too quiet but really if you're concerned you should do. :?

Bigger babies are fascinated by little babies, i have lots of friends who toddlers are all over Jack as they don't realise they used to be like that :D

It's normal hun for toddlers/older babies to do this, i don't mind older children touching Jack, (as long as it's gentle) cos i don't want Jack to be a mard baby who doesn't like anyone coming near him.

Everyone is different hun. :wink:

in nursery they do that too. the first time i was like a surrounding wall to thomas lol, nobody would go near him. I am still wary of it but have to force myself to chill out a bit. for the dummy, i know where you are coming from. i bought a jumperoo second hand from a person who had 2 sons. one of them gave a spongy ball to thomas who put it straight to his mouth. I know it sounds horrible but i took it straight away from his mouth and gave it back to the boy with a smile :oops: well, you do not know where it has been, especially when the jumperoo was covered in dog'shair and other sorts :shock:

I was like this when Seren first went into a creche as she was the only baby there, the rest are toddlers. Am a bit more relaxed though as I have watched them through the door and they like to stroke her head and give her kisses. At mother and baby group Seren kept putting her fingers up another baby's nose lol, but the other baby tried to eat her hand and both me and the other mum were ok, if you are not happy about it then just say something am sure they will understand.

I go to these groups for Kai so he is around other babies. I have met one good friend there who is British but I am on a different wavelength with most of the other mother's.

When Kai was around a month he was around a 15 month old neighbour and she really tried to him on the head. That is why I am wary and this girl yesterday was only 6 months (just 1 and a half months older) and she was trying to go for his eyes and the soft spot area.

IMO I think Kai is too little to have physical contact with other babies but I want him to be around other babies, see them that sort of thing. I think I will feel better when he is at least sitting upright which isn't long now, he sits for a few seconds on his own.

Most other mothers take their baby away when they see their baby getting close to Kai. This just surprised me a little.

we were at a wedding when joshua was crawling, and as he crawled along the floor this little boy jumped on joshua and made he splat on the floor. i was fuming. i am not violent :lol: but i wanted to smack him and his mum.

I went to a picnic the other day and a 2 year old kept coming up and whacking Ella in the face. Her mum was telling her not to and kept taking her away, but she wouldn't stop. In the end I put Ella in her pushchair and she came up and really smacked her one and made her cry really bad (I felt really really angry, but what can you do if someone has a psycho child?!?). It wasn't until I lay Ella back in her pushchair and put the raincover up that she left her alone. Freak.

In the nursery i work at when the babies and crawlers are put together some days they are fine, some children are facinated with younger children and they will touch them, of course there is the risk of children being abit too feisty though so as long as someone is close i cant really see a problem.. I can see where you are coming from then, its worrying when they are near the eyes and soft spots etc, maybe sit on the floor with kai in between your legs so you have more control over what happens and you can make sure that he dosnt get hurt.

Rosieroo i can see that you got upset with that child hitting your daughter!! its not nice and i would have been fuming too...But as you said the child was 2 years old and probably didnt think what he/she was doing was that bad so i think its abit out of order to call him/her a freak, i dont want to cause any dispute but i hear it all the time at nursery, a child bites and off goes a parent about how that child is vicious and nasty and should be kicked out of nursery!!!!! they are children its what they do unfortunatly, i bet the mother of the poor child was really upset that he/she was doing this aswell. I mean what if that child mother was part of this forum and saw someone calling her pride and joy a freak for doing something that unfortunatly some children, by nature, do.

Sorry but it just upset me a little that people can call a 2 year old a freak because of behavioural issues.

I hope Ella was ok, and you still had a nice day though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back