What to use on my baby's sore neck?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi Jake has a neck which looks really red and sore. I have been using vaseline on it as this is what the HV told me to use but am unsure if this is the right thing to do as I am trying to make sure I dry his neck properly all of the time and the vaseline makes it look all wet. Has anyone found that vaseline does work or something else?

i know sudocrem is mainly used for nappy rash but i used it on damons neck when it was sore as i found this on the website:
"an antiseptic healing cream for treating napkin rash, eczema, pressure sores, incontinence rash and a variety of minor skin lesions."
maybe its worth giving it a try? Hope it clears up soon :hug: :hug:

Sudocrem is miracle cream! Its worth a try.

id say sudacream or savlon (if you can get one for babies) they are both good

vaseline will keep the area soggy as well as waterproof, so its highly likely it wont go as quick as if you used antiseptic cream like sudocrem, its good for pretty much everything

I asked at Boots chemist about Charlie's skin recently as I found he had red sore patches on the back of his arms and a small rad patch on his neck from wearing bibs (he has reflux so permanently in bibs) and she advised to try Diprobase, its an emolient that locks water into the skin but prevents drying out, chapping and soreness from chaffing....cost about £2.00 over the counter and it was great. Told my HV who arranged a prescription for a large pump dispenser tub and its great....excellent for my dry sore hands as well, never washed them so much since having a little one.

I used to use sudocreme on Lydia's neck when she was very little as it would get sore all the time. It seemed to help.

Charlie sometimes gets a sore neck from all the dribbling too, and Sudacrem heals it straight away! :D

kamillosan - i swear by it. Its so gentle and natural and can be used for just about anything. :D

My little one suffers with this too...have been prescribed aqueous cream which is an emolient. However i have found just by keeping the area dry and putting baby talc on it has cleared up loads. The cream seems to not help much.
Might try sudocream on it.
The doctor did say it would get better once Elliott is holding his head up by himself more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back