What to do now?

Ray

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant! What do I do now?!?! I assume book an appointment with my GP? And when do I see the midwife for the first time?

Thanks everyone!! xxx

Firstly, congratulations!
I found out on Xmas eve that I am 2-3 weeks' pregnant (using Clear Blue) which I think makes me 4-5 week's according to the GP. I've called & booked an appointment with my Doctor for 10th Jan which is when I will find out more (I hope).

Yay congrats!!! I also just got my BFP Im just over 4 weeks. I went to docs last Wednesday and she said to wait a week to hand in urine sample as would have been not far enough along for hospital test to pick up the pregnancy hormone, so I've to hand it in tomorrow. Once doctor has pregnancy confirmed, they refer you to midwife. My last pregnancy doctor did not even confirm it, just believed me I took a test and it was positive!! Midwife will contact you and do your booking in appointment where family medical history questions will be asked. They will also arrange your 12 week dating scan. Thats all that happens now, dont do much with you till 2nd and 3rd trimester. Which is annoying cos this is the time when most of us are worried and have many questions. Its good to write them down in advance so you dont forget anything! my doctor says Im due 3rd September so looks like we'll be doing this together girls..... Wahey!!!

My doctor wouldnt see me and said i need to book direct with a mid wife. The midwife said they see me at 10 weeks and not before. So first appointment is end of January.

Congrats on your BFP!

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! i booked appointment with GP, he didnt test me either just believed me, and then i had to wait for appointment with midwife which was a week later, filled out all my notes, booked me in for my bloods which i had on 23rd and i have also recieved my scan date for 31st jan.. and alot of ladies that are due the same time as me havent even seen midwife yet, so best to get in as soon asap.. i suppose it depends what your doctors is like! xx

Sounds like all docs/GPs do it differently - which is annoying. I'm slightly anxious as I have absolutely no sypmtoms at all so the sooner I have it confirmed the better i'll feel about it i think.

I'm not sure if it's a symptom but the only thing i've 'felt' is a niggly feeling in my tummy (for about 2 weeks' now), not quite period pains but there's something going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back