what now?

Poppyb

Reaction score
I found out i'm pregnant on Tuesday but i'm now wondering what to do now??? Do i need to phone my GP now or leave it a few more weeks because its still early days???

XXX

theres no need to rush right away but its good to get the ball rolling and be 'in the system' early on too - that way if you have any worries or questions you can have a chat with the GP - most women book in with the midwife at about 8 weeks but i had my appointment at 5weeks as she wasnt very busy...

there is no hard and fast 'right' way to do things, you're pregnant and can access the services available to you in your own way :)

Our doctors alays ask for a sample to confirm the pregnancy although you dont need an appointment you can just take one in, once thats done they should arrange your booking appointment with the midwife, It depends on your area when they do this I think but ours try and book you in for about 10 weeks.

Congrats :)

Generally seems to be booking in appointment when around 8 weeks. Before then there really isn't anything to be done medically or paperwork wise. You can go see your GP if you want but many don't bother testing again or doing anything else. Its all MW led now and GP's tend not to get involved in ante natal things these days.

So long as you are taking folic acid I'd sit back and try to relax for a few weeks and then get a booking in appointment with your MW (either via your GP's surgery or local hospital, you can find out which in the meantime).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back