What to buy for a christening present..?

lozzi

Reaction score
wel basically a close family friend is having her 7 week old baby girl christened next sunday, but i dunno what to buy for the present...

i expect everyone to buy the usual of first curl, silver spoon, christening certificate holder etc, so what do you buy?

any ideas wud be greatly appreciated,

thanks in advance x x

Have you asked her what she would like?

:think: Hmm...Maybe a Lil bracelet, Teddy bear, Blanket, Gift voucher

Search ebay, you can get some gorgeous personalised gifts on there. They have so many things I would buy for a baby now, gotta wait for my niece to arrive next month then ebay here I come!

I went to a christening a couple of weeks ago (of a 2 year old) and we asked her parents for the details of the account where her child trust fund voucher had been used. Then we put some money in it - that way she'll have it when she's 18. We also gave her a small book of bible stories for children. I'm not really religious, but isn't that the whole point of a christening after all?! :lol:

lozzijane said:
wel basically a close family friend is having her 7 week old baby girl christened next sunday, but i dunno what to buy for the present...

i expect everyone to buy the usual of first curl, silver spoon, christening certificate holder etc, so what do you buy?

any ideas wud be greatly appreciated,

thanks in advance x x

a bible

for her Christening, Lydia got:

a scrapbook made by her godmother (it's BEAUTIFUL)
a tooth and curl box
a silver birth certificate holder
a prayer book
a set of rosary beads
some clothes
a cuddly frog
a foam jigsaw puzzle (for when she's a bit older)
money

I think that's about it.

Dunno if that's any help at all there!

when my boys got christened these are some of the gifts they got between them.

bible in white in a lovely box.
bracelet
crucifix
cross
curl and tooth holders
music boxes
hairbrush set
a beautiful silver baby cup in a presentation box.
beatrix potter cup and plate set by Royal Dalton
Teddy bear

I think the scrapbook is a great idea.

The most beautiful gift DD got was a silver bell fairy tooth holder, its so unusual and extremely precious to me :)

(Just looked it up but its 50 quid :shock: )

Someone bought us a photo book for our son's christening and it was such a great present. On the day of the christening they took loads of photos of everyone, and got in touch with quite a few of the guests asking them to share their photos. Then they put the photos all together and sent it off to these people: The Photo Bookstore. We were amazed when it arrived. I didn't even know you could get this sort of thing made. I spend hours looking over the photos and remembering the christening - it really will be a gift to treasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back