• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what size to buy maternity wear in

chelsea

Reaction score
this is probably a really stupid question, but, do i buy maternity trousers the same size as i was before i needed them (size 10) or do i buy them the size i am now.

my size 10 trousers (not maternity ones) are tight now (they were fine last week :lol: ) so do i buy size 10 maternity trousers or the next size up?

You buy in your pre-pregnancy size! Although if you're like me and were in-between it pays to try stuff on to make sure (especially tops!) as my boobs are much bigger than most tops expect them to be !!! :lol:

lol i always had the problem of not filling tops properly :lol: maybe now i can wear a normal size!!

I was a size 8 before i was preg so im buying size 8 and a few size 10's cos i know im gonna get bigger everywhere, not just my tummy!.

Im buying lots of smock dresses and tights this time round, ive found there much more comfortable than jeans/trousers and you don't have to just buy maternity. H&M are great for smock dresses
....im going for the Alexa Chung look this winter!

You usually buy in the same size as you are now. Id recommend New look maternity, H&M maternity and Dorothy Perkins maternity.

Claire x

I was an eight..but got my maternity wear in a ten, so I had a bit more comfort
I get mine from new look and Dotty P's.

Although I cannot find trousers/jeans to fit...not the size but the length!! They all seem to be made for 6 footers!!!

ninjawomble said:
Although I cannot find trousers/jeans to fit...not the size but the length!! They all seem to be made for 6 footers!!!

I wish they were :D - I cant find Jeans, or trousers long enough and have started using ebay for maternity jeans!

I was a size 12 before I was pregnant and wearing a 12 in maternity wear, however I also recommend going to matalan or similar and buying tops in a size or 2 bigger than you were before (make sure they are long enough to cover your bump) - you can get some lovely t-shirts etc for a few pounds and maternity ones will set you back £15+

Also invest in some good belts as maternity trousers dont stay up that well for me!

EllieBelle said:
ninjawomble said:

I wish they were :D - I cant find Jeans, or trousers long enough and have started using ebay for maternity jeans!

Well they must fit Miss Average then cos I'm in the same boat - I'm a shortie and find even "short" lengths are a bit long!! :lol:

I've bought most of my stuff from Dorothy Perkins, Next and Red Herring in Debenhams. New Look have a decent range but the trousers are all 32" which is waaay too long for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back