• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What should correct weight gain be?

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Back again for more advice! :D

I was at the clinic today with Arianna and one of the HV's complained as she's put on too much weight this week - 8oz. Last week she put on 6oz. The other HV there seemed happy but this one moaned - should I just ignore her!

Arianna is happy and is doing so much better since she got the Gavescon (she has reflux). It seems I cant win as the first week I went they complained she only put on 0.5oz and now they complain that she's put on 8oz! Grrrrrrrr!!!

S. xx

Hiya Sarah

A newborn baby will gain around 4-7 ounces a week during the first month. Then 1-2 pounds per month for the first six months. A gain of 8oz is fine in my book. Ky would sometimes put on nearly a pound in a week and no one ever said it was a bad thing!
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

8oz is a great weightgain! Ella put on 1lb 2oz in a week once and they almost gave me a bloody trophy (they love the big gains at my clinic :roll: ). Stoopid HV, don't know what she's whinging for!

thanks all!! I thought it wuld be good! I agree Kina, stoooopid HV! :rotfl:

arrr I hate HV's :twisted: :evil:

Dont listen to her, ellis is putting on just under 1 pound a week and my clinic is happy with it!

How can you stop a baby putting on weight, PUT THEM ON A BLOODY DIET!!! :roll:

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back