what pet name?

mel_ed

Reaction score
what pet name is commonaly used in your area?
i live in stoke on trent and we call every 1 duck! you probably think this is really weird lol. every1 uses it.

Duck here in Nottingham too. I HATE it. I hate anyone calling me it and I would never call someone it!!!!!! I really hate it, lol!!!!!!

in london everyone says mate. in manchester it's pal. my hubby is a londoner and calles everyone up here mate, even women which most of them don't like lol

I used to love being called 'duckie' when I lived in Nottingham - might of helped that it was my extremely attractive ex calling me it though!

Now I live in Kent there aren't any really which I think is a shame

Around here its 'lover' lol. Mostly used in bristol though but in my group of friends we use it alot. (say it with a farmer accent and it doesnt sound as wierd lol.

Around here its 'lover' lol. Mostly used in bristol though but in my group of friends we use it alot. (say it with a farmer accent and it doesnt sound as wierd lol.

my auntie lives in bristol and she always calls me 'my love'. i can hear her saying it now in her farmer accent "how r you my love" lol

It's 'Hun' or 'Girlie' round here...?! lol

in my mum's house, it's almost impossible to get thru a day without someone saying "a'right my loverrrrr!" :rofl: my mums from devon and friends from bristol and its just never left us!!

i dont use pet names in RL, even tho my texts and everythng are full of hun and chick! but i hear a lot of babez and hun and love! most guys i know say fella or lad!

where i grew up in scotland, everyone was hen!

in my mum's house, it's almost impossible to get thru a day without someone saying "a'right my loverrrrr!" :rofl: my mums from devon and friends from bristol and its just never left us!!

i dont use pet names in RL, even tho my texts and everythng are full of hun and chick! but i hear a lot of babez and hun and love! most guys i know say fella or lad!

where i grew up in scotland, everyone was hen!

hen! lol its like us stokies with duck!

Hen - that's my Scottish one too! Where did u grow up Alice?? X

Fife. Just across the bridge from Edinburgh! EVERYBODY was "hen" xx

Everybody here is hen lol

Last edited:
We get mate, chick, Hun and hunni lol! Gotta love Birmingham lol!

Luv (with MASSIVE emphasism on the U) lol! With a propa Yorkshire accent too :-D I never realised I had an accent until I worked on a careline and EVERYONE would ask, "Oh, what part of Yorkshire are you from?" :wall:

its chick round here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back