What Maternity Pay Scheme Do You All Have?

KJ

Reaction score
hiya,

just curious really. I work for a newly set-up company who haven't yet decided on what they will offer for maternity pay.

Just wanted to get an idea of what other companies tend to offer. For example, just statutory, or does anyone get this supplemented? Or does anyone have a return to work bonus scheme?

You don't have to give me figures, just 90% for 6 weeks, 2 months, etc or 100% for 3 months then 50% for 3, etc, etc.

Hope this makes sense!

K.xxx

We get 4 months at full pay or 90% of you monthly average earnings whichever is higher. Then the remainder at SMP.

Now that you get 9 months maternity leave if you baby is born after April 2007, our schemes have all changed.

Its 3 months at full wage, 2 months at 90% and 4 months at Staturay Goverment Maternity Pay which i think is about £90/£115 a week or something.

Alot of our girls work all the way up to there birth and dont take holidays either.... so when they do go off on maternity leave they get therere 37 days paid hoiday first, then there propery maternity leave starts after that.... so technically they have 10 months maternity leave.

6 weeks on full pay, couple months on 90% then rest (up to 9 months) on 50% pay (but only after 2 years of servicce)...believe me its the only think keeping me here right now

I get the bare minimum - 6 weeks at 90% then the rest at the pitiful £108 per week :x

I have been here over 2 years aswell but everything they give is the bare minimum and I am sure if they had their way they wouldn't give us anything!

we get 8 weeks full pay, 18 weeks (4.5months) half pay plus SMP, then 13 weeks SMP so that takes you up to 9 months.

xx

Just the basic stat maternity pay - the bare minimum.... :?

i work for the royal bank of scotland and i get 12 weeks 100% pay, then 27 weeks SMP, then 13 weeks unpaid. (total 52 weeks).

My company offer 6 weeks full pay, 20 weeks 30% pay then I get 13 weeks SMP and 13 weeks unpaid. Total leave 52 weeks.

Not pregnant yet but thought it was worth looking up

First 6 weeks of the maternity pay period:
90% of their contractual average weekly earnings (which includes SMP or MA) or
90% of Higher Rate SMP, whichever is the greater or
MA

Next 12 weeks of the maternity pay period:

Half of their contractual average earnings
A set standard rate of SMP (this set rate is revised annually) or
90% of average weekly earnings if this is less than the standard rate of SMP or
MA

Next 21 weeks:

The standard rate of SMP (or 90% of their average weekly earnings if this is less than the standard rate of SMP or
MA.

Doesn't sound bad compaired to some peoples

I work for the police and my paperwork is all at work but I think I get 6 weeks at full pay, 21 weeks at half pay plus SMP, 12 weeks at SMP, and up to an additional 26 weeks for unpaid leave.

We have a career break scheme where we can take the equivalent of a Gap Year and still have a job to come back to on equal hours and wage, and we have Busy Bees childcare voucher scheme that somehow gets us cheaper childcare by it coming from our wages without being taxed. We can go back on practically any arrangement of hours either full time, part time, compressed time, or flexible working. It's all quite good really, but makes up for the low pay the rest of the time you work there!!

m

I get 4 and 1/2 months @ 100% pay then 5 months SMP - i can then take up until 52 weeks but that would be unpaid

krystalmair said:
I get 4 and 1/2 months @ 100% pay then 5 months SMP - i can then take up until 52 weeks but that would be unpaid

Wow that's a great scheme Krystal :D

I work for the probation service but as i am still on maternity leave i'm not sure what the new scheme is like (i'm not telling em till i'm 24wks 6 days lol) it was previously:

6 weeks 90%
12 weeks 50% +maternity allowance
remainder maternity allowance

(should total 6mths)

We also have childcare vouchers so for each child up to 5 years age you get £70 per mth towards their childcare, untaxed.

I always thought it was cr)p but it seems quite good actually but for a government agency i expected better.

You are all so lucky!

I just get statutory - which is 90% of pay for 6 paltry weeks then £112.75 a week for the following 33 weeks (minus tax and ni, pension and student loan!) - then a potential 13 weeks unpaid.

I am very very jealous! When I go back to work after this one, I really hope to get a job with better benefits, that's what I get for working for a charity!

Valentine xx

Due to my level of service (>5 years), I get 18 weeks full pay and then SMP.

I've also just found out that I'm being promoted from Oct when I'll actually be on maternity leave :eek:

Have to say, they're a pretty good employer to work for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back