• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the world coming to?!?!?

SarahH

Reaction score
I had to nip to the garage today as I got my new car a couple of months back but had never gave them the car log books etc... anyway on the way home my hubby calls me on the mobile and says "if you are passing a shop can you get me some razor blades as I've ran out and will need to shave before meeting tonight".

Well I couldn't be assed going to the big Boots as the shopping complex, so I stopped off at a tiny Somerfield...

Anyway, this Somerfield isn't in the nicest of areas in Aberdeen... but I was only running in for the one thing. I gets into the shop and they don't have ANY!! Only have the disposable ones which hubby hates. I asked a girl if she had any through in the back store to which I got told "no, unfort we can't sell them here as people were coming in and breaking packs open and threatening the staff" :shock: :shock:

Needless to say I about turned, got my baby girl out this mad shop and went back to the Boots!!

How bad is that tho!!

i used to work at a local co-op when i was a student and it was held up about 5 times in 1 summer!!! fortunately it was never on my shift when they happened. the strangest thing was ppl stealing meat, cheese and shampoo and selling it at the pub next door :wall: one xmas this bloke stole loads of boxes of chocs. the manager was useless and didnt come even tho i raised the alarm :evil: the customer i was serving at the time couldnt believe it so he ran after the chap and came back about 2 mins later with the stuff that had been nicked (and a very red fist!!) yay!!! :cheer:

it was in my local paper the other month that staff at one shop wanted to have bullet proff vests supplied!! but that was shortly after a few petrol stations had been robbed and staff 'tied up'.

why did she have to tell you that though! no we don't stock them would have been enough!!

OMG thats horrible!!

I work in a supermarket and this drunk man came in and started harrassing me and he threatened he had a gun n i could swear i could see it and he kept threatenin 2 shoot me, luckily he walked off and i ran into the back and was inconsolible (sp?)
turned out it was a fold away walkin stick instead of a gun lol
i felt so silly

chaelihol said:
OMG thats horrible!!

I work in a supermarket and this drunk man came in and started harrassing me and he threatened he had a gun n i could swear i could see it and he kept threatenin 2 shoot me, luckily he walked off and i ran into the back and was inconsolible (sp?)
turned out it was a fold away walkin stick instead of a gun lol
i felt so silly

:shock: You shouldn't of felt silly i would have done the same :)
i don't think i would go back to that shop either :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back