what happens if i fell pregnant.........

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
and i have applyed for a new job??
i have recently filled out an application form for a job with evening hour 4-10pm . but i am also TTC and not too sure if i have fallen pregnant this month (no af yet :cheer: ) Im almost certain ill get the job as i use to work there a few years ago and still no staff members.
if i get offered the job and i find out im pregnant, do i have to tell them and can they still offer me a job ??
any answeres greatfully recieved
xxx
kt

Hi, I'm not 100% on the info but this is what I know -
you are not obliged to tell your employer until you are about 20 something weeks - when you will need to think about maternity leave.
They cannot not offer you a job because you are pregnant, however if you were pregnant and told them you wouldn't work for them once you had had the baby then they can refuse you the job.

I think you are fine going for and getting this job. If you get a BFP then you may not want to tell them until 12 weeks etc or when you feel ready and so there would be no need for them to know.
I told my employer the week i found out purely because i was SO sick, but i didn't tell the others in my dep for a while.

Hope that's of some use!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back