What does your LO eat for Lunch?

babyroo

Reaction score
I'm just curious really and I'm looking for new ideas for Jessica.

I'm either making her a sandwich or macaroni cheese (homemade) with fruit and fromais frais today.

What are you doing?

Thanks

Willow pretty much has a sandwich everyday normally with raisens or rice cakes on the side.

She doesent really eat to much so to do her 2 cooked meals a day i think would be to much for her.

Ricky's having mashed potato with cream cheese and chives stirred in (trying to get him used to strnger tastes), broccoli carrots, peas and cod. I have started giving him his main meal at lunch as he is often tired and grumpy at teatime so that's when I give him something like cous cous with roast veg/tomato sauce (my own sauce I make in bulk to wet his food-let me know if you want recipe).
Dessert is usually yoghurt/fruit or custard if he's lucky! Been adding cinnamon/nutmeg to cooked fruit again to expand taste buds a little.
Looking forward to reading more ideas, often get stuck!

Taylor is having scrambled egg on toast today. I can never really think of many different things to give him. He won't really eat sandwiches so its really awkward. I either give him

scrambled egg on toast
omelette
beans on toast
jacket potato with beans or tuna mayo
sausage roll and salad
Tomato soup

He's a fussy so and so

At home Clark has things like pasta bolognese, casserole, cauliflower and brocolli cheese, and various mash with vegetables. When we go out he has either a sandwich, organix crisps and a granola bar or dare I say it, the occasional jar!! :oops:

evemarie8 said:
At home Clark has things like pasta bolognese, casserole, cauliflower and brocolli cheese, and various mash with vegetables. When we go out he has either a sandwich, organix crisps and a granola bar or dare I say it, the occasional jar!! :oops:

You're lucky you can get Clark to eat jars! I long for the day I can just take a few out with me if Im going for lunch, but no, I have to make up all her special sandwiches, vegetables and fruit! lol. I know its healthier and better for her, but sometimes Id love a bit of a cheat!!!

xxx

Finlay has some fnger foods like a bit of cheese, rice cakes, veg or boiled egg and soliders or pasta and sauce.

Sometimes he only has a yoguhurt.

I prefer to keep lunch colder things and have the cooked meal for dinner. I also find I have more time at night to cook than I do at lunchtime

Funkylady said:
You're lucky you can get Clark to eat jars! I long for the day I can just take a few out with me if Im going for lunch, but no, I have to make up all her special sandwiches, vegetables and fruit! lol. I know its healthier and better for her, but sometimes Id love a bit of a cheat!!!

xxx

To be honest I am still yet to find anything Clark wont eat, he is a real gannet! The day he refuses anything I will think he is ill!

We have only started weaning just over three weeks ago but this is what LO had for lunch yesterday - followed by water melon:

DSC01703.jpg

Harrison is having butternut squash with carrot and pea mixed with baby rice because he's a fuss pot at the moment

DD has only been on lunch a few weeks and finger foods are still quite new but she has a jar if we are out and about as its easier than letting her loose on finger foods because of the state she gets herslef into.

If at home she has avocado, banana, yogurt, crumpets, cheese, tomato and something like that as she has a cooked meal of fish or meat for dinner.

evemarie8 said:
Funkylady said:

xxx

To be honest I am still yet to find anything Clark wont eat, he is a real gannet! The day he refuses anything I will think he is ill!

I can't get Finlay to eat jarred stuff either - which is maybe a good thing :lol: It makes me make him something ;) and I can't be arsed with jars - they cost too much!

For lunch Sam usually has a Sandwich then a Fromage Frais or Banana

Talia doesnt really have set meal times except for her evening meal of mashed home cooked veg. I give her bits of everything during the day such as toast, fruit, rusks, veggie ham, crumpets, steamed veggies and cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back