• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what do you think

Robyn_

Reaction score
right a bit of a rant today,
cos i am annoyed actually

my brother is 20 came back from uni in june, and has been living with my mum and me rent free, not paying for anything,
he was looking for a job and FINALLY got one,
he said hes saving the money to pay for the rent on his new place, where he is going to be living but he needs like £600 and more straight up
the thing is hes had this job for 3 weeks now i think and hes not saving the money at all hes spending it on stupid things like the other day,
went out and bought 2 shirts for £40 and he was like "theyh were half price proper bargin" then he bought some protein shake(cos hes a workout freak) and that cos him £78 :shock: for a tub of fucking powder,
yesturday mum told me he spent £20 on vitamins in fucking holland and barrett.
theres my mum buying all these things for him like food, and hes not greatful and leaves it and stuff, and then last night he goes "im going to london this weekend" and mum was like "ok but that means spending more money that you should be saving" and he goes "ill spend what money i want"
im sorry but thats pushing it to me. he lives here rent free mums helping as much as she can she dont even have a job we get like feck all money, all she gets is benefits for me and hes taking the piss,
he trhen moans that hes gunna be here when the baby gets here,
and i said to my mum that its not fair on me cos when bub gets here, all the money i get will be going into our house, for the water bills and everything cos im living with her, so i will be paying rent, i dont see how he should get away with it and i dont. when hes the one not making the fucking effort. to try and get himself out of here.
im so angry.

my sisters a selfish cow like this too. She moans about paying £50 rent to my mum when she earns £850 a month and get to spend £800 a month on herself. Shes recently spent thousands on a 1st class trip to florida and has ended up oweing my mum hundreds. My mum asked for it back and she snapped and told her to piss off :shock:

Kids eh!!! :evil:

i dunno but me and him are going to fall out over it sooner or later.
i know we will

Thats awful :x

But on the other hand to he wouldn't be able to do it if your mum didn't let him and kick his ass out the door.

Sorry.........

I think your Mum has to get stricter with him, then. If he's leaving her food while buying other things which aren't strictly necessary, then she should stop cooking for him. Granted, he might raid the cupboards, but as he doesn't seem to want the food, I don't see why she should have to go to the effort. And she certainly shouldn't lend him any money.

In fact, I think she should issue an ultimatum. Either he sorts himself out in the next six months or he has to find somewhere else to live. End of. If he can't put by £100/month when he's living rent free, then something is clearly wrong.

I'd be narked off in your shoes, too. I think he's taking advantage and being manipulative.

A lady at work - her niece wouldn't pay her any rent or anything either and I just got on my soapbox.

I dropped out of school at 17 (and I was bright, with a good future at Uni ahead of me) and was living in a bad household as I had nowhere to go when my dad kicked me out (I don't want to go much further than the guy i was living with turned out to be a pedo). I worked at morrisons on £3.20 an hour, busting my ass doing as much overtime as I could and within a few months I had enough money to get a flat and move out, which luckily I did.

The flat was costing me £280 + bills, I was working god knows how many hours a week, and I sacrificed my A Levels as I ended up falling asleep in lessons and skipping lessons as I needed to work to pay the bills. I ate mostly pasta, pasta sauces, sandwiches, supernoodles... you know, student type cheap food... I didn't go out much, and I was only bringing in something like £650 a month.

I say, if I managed it, anyone can. Not showing off, just trying to prove a point. If I could do all that at just turned 18, there is no reason at all why someone of 20 and a bit more experience in the world can't.

ps- sorry if any of that sounded harsh, im in a bad mood this afternoon :(

no michelle, thats exactly what i mean.

he should be able to do it but hes just being a complete W@nker. and wont do anything
he doesnt even do his own washing or wash up after using something, he leaves it for mum and me to do, well actually i just leave all the stuff he used on the side, and he has to do it .

eurghhhh i know exactly what you mean

i'm sorry, i just can't hack people like that - you don't get things handed to you on a plate unless you're rich or you're parents are rich and even then i don't think it's right. for someone to grow up and respect the value of money and hard work, they have to do things for themselves.

if i was your mom i'd be saying right how about you pay us rent or you go rent a room somewhere, cos this house is cheaper than renting a room. and i would just leave him no option.

but then i am in a bad mood, and i can't deal with ppl like that. lemme at him, i'd make mincemeat of him right now :) LOL

lol i wish you would , i dont want him here nomore hes doing my nut in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back