What do you think!!!

NatB

Reaction score
hi

i have choosen 2 names 1 for boy and 1 for a girl as i dont know what i am having and i wondered what everybody thought of them.

Boy:

Alfie David Lee Bennett
A D L B

Girl:

Sophia Leigh-anne Bennett
S L B

Why the names were chosen:

The boys name was chosen as i liked the name Alfie it is modern and is formed from the name Alfred which is the name of my grandad who past away about a year ago. David was chosen as it is my dads name and i really like the name as well, Lee is the baby's father middle name.

The
girls name was chosen because it is my mum's middle name, my partner (the father of the baby) liked the name sophie but we can't have that as it reminds me to much of a girl i dislike (she is related to me long story). Sophia is also after my niece because her middle name is this, the reason i am naming it after her is because she nearly died last year after falling from a 3 story bedroom window (she was only 3yrs old) and she said she wanted the baby if it was a girl to have that name which i thought was so sweet. Leigh-anne as a middlle name as my partner's middle name is lee and my middle name is anne.

I wondered if anyone thought it was a bad idea to name after family and friend etc... Advice and comments would be greatfully recieved

Natalie xxx

I really like both names babes :D I have a short list of boys names and none of them are of family or friends. Most of my family are named after someone so I wanted to be a bit different. That's my personal choice, or maybe it's just that I'm fed up with the names James, Michael and John.

I think you have picked 2 lovely names. Well done. xx

I think they're both very nice. Sophia is one of my favourite girl's names, as you can see from my signature. The only time I see a problem with using a family member's name is if they are either the Mum or Dad and you are using it as a first name. Then, I think things just get confusing. Generally, I think I prefer it when people are using the name of a loved one who has died in order to honour them, as I think that's very special.

Both really lovely names. I especially love Alfie, think it's gorgeous! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back