What do you think this was? UPDATE

KeLe101

Reaction score
Hi all

I finished af last Monday and have just had normal (though not very much) cm since. However, today I have had a few sharp pains in the left hand side ovary region but, whilst they have been sharp pains they haven't been horrendous even though it keeps happening on and off. Anyway, when I went to the loo before I had browny/slight red discharge when I wiped? I am sure it's not AF cos that definitely finished last week. I have been full of a horrible cold and so only BD'd last Monday morning (as AF had come to an end) so I'm pretty sure it's not implantation bleeding unless I was ovulating on the last day of my period!! Anyone any ideas as to what it could be? I'm worried.

Thanks
Kelly x

Ok, I have looked on the internet and it says you can spot when ovulating? If this month was a regular 28 day cycle then I would be on day 12 - is that too soon for ovulating? And, I don't have the ewcm either - is it unlikely to be ovulation? It's a sharp pain and it's happened several times today but it isn't really bad or persistent. Any advice at all would be appreciated as I am thinking all sorts of scary stuff like cervical cancer. I think the spotting has stopped now and I am going to BD tonight to see if it happens after sex.

Thanks in advance.

We BD'd tonight and I had a little light browny discharge - seriously, should I be worried or is it more likely to be related to ovulation? Any ovulation experts out there? I have the on/off pain still in the left hand side of my ovary area. It didn't hurt when we were BD'ing though. Anyone any advice to offer..?

It is possible that it is ovulation spotting.

If you still get it in the next few days I would go to the docs and just get it checked. :hug:

Sorry hun I'm really not too hot on ovulation. Hopefully someone else will know more.
I would say though if you keep spotting and having pains then I would see your GP, just to make sure everythings ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

If you look at the cd day and the pains then it is sure to be ovulation spotting.
I've had pains (had 2 real stabbing ones) on cd 8 and also had pink tinged egg white mucus, although by opks and temp I havnt ovualted yet I know it's just all that going on in readiness. I had pains yetsterday as well (cd 10) so I wouldnt worry personally (and i am a born worrier!) :hug:
I actually warned my hubby on cd8 and told him if he sees pink to not be put off!

eta: it was actually more pinky brown, more than just pink and was just when i wiped.

Oh wow just noticed you have a cold - me too! So I think its cos we might be producing more mucis and normally that pinky brown wouldnt be seen, it's just cos it's being carried in the mucis we're noticing it.

this is my theory!!

Thanks so much for your post Holly Hobby - it does seem very similar to what you are experiencing and it's so weird that we both have colds and are both seeing the browny/pinky discharge. It seems to have eased off now and I had the pain once or twice in the night, but that too seems to have stopped. I think this could be the first time I have ovulated since I came off the pill 6 months ago so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit painful and a bit messy! Thanks again for the reply, I will watch how it goes but I really don't want to go to the docs just yet as it isn't an unbearable pain and there isn't loads of red/brown cm, just when I wipe, like you said.

Hope we both catch that eggy this month! Good luck hun! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back