The Bartered Bride, Skokna, Smetana
Voices of Spring, Waltz, Strauss

And
http://www.play.com//ProductOutline.asp ... 7045&r=CDJ

Anyone used them or similar?
Im going to play it to the bump using my laptop
I HATE CLASSICAL MUSIC :puke: :puke: :talkhand: :talkhand:
But i will be wearing ear phones listening to my music on my mp3 player
Anything to help my little Son to have more brains then his Mum i will try :roll:

:D I think its a great idea!

Although Pips gonna get things like Wham! McHammer, Snow, and Billy Idol! Ohhh and Billy Joel and Billy Ocean....I seem to have a theame going... :D

The classical music that can help children develop more complex thinking skills is complicated music with lots going on. That doesn't necessarily mean it's not the soothing music, just when there is lots of harmony and counterpoint (different tunes going on at the same time).

Baring this in mind, I would assume any type of music would do as long as it was complex to listen to. I've only seen the research for classical music, and that was a long time ago too, but it makes sense that it is how much thinking is needed to hear all the music that makes the effect and so this can happen in different types of music.

I listen to classical music but I like simple soother melodies like Einaudi so that doesn't have the same effect as Mozart unfortunately. But I have discovered that baby likes counrty and western music :roll:

i play Willow the classic fm cd for babies

and patrick hawes-towards the light-brilliant

but she also gets subjected to such gems as quens of the stone age,pearljam and the like

poor child

Awww bless! Good idea hun. I havent had a classical seesion in ages - my baby has RnB, Drum & Bass, Hip Hop and he is currently enjoying UB40 & a wicked selection from the 80's in the last week or so. I dont ever turn the Tv on in my house anymore, just have music all day. I think he'll be very musical by the time I've finished with him :lol:

I played Baby Einstein classical cd's, Mozart was one, to my bump and
Isaac is a little genius! He can read and recite the whole alphabet. Recognises upper and lower case letters, he knows phonics, He can recite and read numbers 1-20. He could hum Twinkle twinkle little star from around 6-7 months old and he knows lots of tunes. He knows loads of animals and the sounds they make. He is very clever (in our eyes anyway) :wink:

:D

i tried it because babies are supposed to love it but Ami prefers Timbaland and 50 cent! :lol: must be the beats and the rhyming words!

Out of interest - what age can they hear outside sounds from inside the womb? I've always planned to do this as I read the same research about classical, & have some Mozart, Strauss, Vivaldi & Grieg lined up, but am not sure when to start.

And just to annoy OH I will play some Mika as well. :rotfl: :rotfl:

alana was made to listen to heavy metal when in the womb, but now when she hears she charges around like a looney :rotfl: dont think it did much for her intelligence but she likes it :dance:

Tadpole said:
Out of interest - what age can they hear outside sounds from inside the womb? I've always planned to do this as I read the same research about classical, & have some Mozart, Strauss, Vivaldi & Grieg lined up, but am not sure when to start.

And just to annoy OH I will play some Mika as well. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Your baby can see, hear, taste and feel the intimate world you have provided around him or her. Playing soothing music for your baby helps release endorphins that help baby relax.

In only the third month of your baby's life in the womb, his or her hearing is starting to develop fully. Around mid-term, you will begin to feel your baby's reaction to certain noises. You feel a kick or a poke when daddy is around, telling you he or she recognises that particular voice.

Loud noises can startle baby, so speak softly. This will help baby feel secure and safe in the environment your womb has created specifically for your baby's well being. Amniotic fluid muffles sound, so do not be concerned if you are put in a position where you are upset or shouting. Some researchers claim that normal emotions the mother experiences in day-to-day life, can help the unborn baby to adapt once born.

Hope this helps

Romi-roo sleeps to daddies meatloaf and mummies mcfly or hoosiers lol, but you put anything quiet on and he HATEs it pmsl

I do believe baby will love anything you do as when you sing and feel happy, listening to your fave music, they know and feel that too :D They are able to hear from very early on, how much is unclear though, but don't let it stop you starting as soon as you like :hug: I do know Isaac has a few fave';s today he was played often in the womb :)

poor harry gets iron maiden, def leppard, led zep, white stripes etc instead :rotfl:

classical drives me potty so I wouldn't play it to the baby :lol:

Baby will have to like what I like I'm afraid

I love Richard Ashcroft and played his CD in the car all through my pregnancy...we went to see him in concert when I was 36 weeks PG and she went MAD in my tummy, and she was a lazy baby-never really felt her at all before but she was going crazy :lol:

She still loves his songs now, she stops, listns and then grins madly!!! :lol:

ooh I am going to start this now. OH has got LOADS on his Ipod. Luckily we have similar tastes, lots of reggae, dub & indie. (Although he ain't keen on Mika. Lol) This may be a daft question but can I just play it or as i am still quite early should I rest the headphones on my belly?

Mine's been subjected to everything including classical, indie, metal, motown and cheesey pop.

So long as he doesnt grow up a fan of dancey hardcore type stuff I shall be happy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back