what do you think of these

valleygirl24

Reaction score
I had decided a few years ago that my sons middle name would be my brothers name (he died nearly 5 years ago and was only 14) so we knew middle name would be David.
The other night Ian had in dream in which we had a little boy and called him Rhys.
This also fits in with my other preference with having a welsh name (but giving Ians family a thought) nothing that would be too hard for someone English to pronounce.

So at the moment the boys name is Rhys David.
My younger brother reckons it sounds better being David Rhys but Im not sure if that is too much like my brother if you know what I mean. It just seems like I want the baby to be like my brother, i think.

For a girl, I like the name Seren but having got a middle name to go with it. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is Seren May/Mae but i wouldnt want my nan (who i dont like) to think it was anything to do with her (her middle name)

i grew up with a girl called Seren, its the only one i ever knew, i have to say im not keen on it but i do know someone called Serena which i prefer.

Loving Rhys David.

How about Seren Joy or Jane i like the J sound with it

seren was on our short list ( serenity ) i think its really pretty !

i also like rhys .

Rhys is a great name I think it sounds good Rhys David :)

As for girls I have no idea of a middle name but Seren is pretty!

There's someone else on here calling their daughter Seren (I won't give away her identity in case she hasn't said!) and she's going for Seren Nia.

What about:

Seren Jade
Seren Jane
Seren Grace
Seren Eve (oops e's every other letter!) - and you'll have to watch this one if your surname begins with X :rotfl:
Seren Rose

I think a one syllable name sounds good as the middle name with Seren.

I like Rhys David.

I knew a girl called Serenia Elizabeth, a mouthful but she carried it off

Tia is Tia Heather, her middle name is the same as my sisters who died... A fitting tribute I believe and Rhys David sounds just fine.

I liked the name Seren but Beanies little girl is called it so it put me off the name as I wanted individuality :) I also wanted lil miss to be called Serenity but DH said no as it didn't translate well into other languages...

I personally like Seren Rose. :D

I love Rhys David. Stanley's middle name is David after my dad, it's nice to have names that mean somehting and a lovely way to remember your brother.

Seren is so pretty, and unusual without being chavvy (IYKWIM). I think a one syllable second name is best. What short names have you got in the family?

Seren Nia translates into bright star which is what i want for bambino, what Mr A wants is a different matter :rotfl:

Seren Nias absolutely gorgeous, and i like Seren Grace, think Rhys davids perfect :)

Ooo I forgot that you were having a brother or sister for your wee man.

I like both boys names and it is hard to pick which one.

For the girls name I liked the sound of Seren Grace. Maybe that's just because Grace was in my short list for a girl. xxx

Minxy said:
What short names have you got in the family?

None lol
Out of aunts etc there is Katrina, Karolyne, Kaye, Helene, Heather, Angela, Julie, Christine,

Grans are Christine and Audrey

Great Grans (that I know) were Doris and Renee

Squiglet said:
I personally like Seren Rose. :D

I agree it sounds lovely and Seren isn't a difficult Welsh name to pronounce. Rhys David sounds fine. Go with what you feel more comfortable with.

You could always use David Rhys but call the LO Rhys. My dad & grandfather used their middle names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back