• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you do..

Bee7

Reaction score
..with your LO's during the day? Sounds a bit weird but i just don't know how to spend my days. Jack is 6 weeks old now and he's sleeping less during the day than he was. OH is usually at work so it's just me and Jack at home during the day and i feel like i should be doing something productive with him. But he's still too young to do any activities or play or anything. He has an activity mat which OH set up the other day but since he can't even focus properly yet i don't think he got much out of it. Sometimes i take him for walks or lay him in front of the tv, but apart from that i'm stumped. He just doesn't seem content to lay in his moses basket all day any more which is understandable as he's getting bigger and sleeping less.

I'm still a bit paranoid/scared about taking him out alone. I had a section and haven't been able to drive yet so i haven't had the chance to take him out alone. My friend who also has a small baby has asked me to go out for lunch but i'm still a bit wary about taking Jack into pubs/cafes etc in case he kicks off (regular occurrence at the mo). I used to be one of those people who would hear a child crying in a public place and think 'agghh someone shut it up' so now i'm worried people will thank that about us lol. Anyone else feel like that? xx

Lol oh i was one of them who went mad at a screaming baby in a cafe . Fully understand it now though

i feel bit unless during the day but will just read nursery rhymes to her talk at her like she knows what's goin on leave her on Oct for a bit or in her swing chair not a lot else i can think of really

i go to baby groups, then im not the only one with a lo screaming lol. as long as theyre fed and clean if the kick off while out its not much different than at home, if out in the pram they usually fall asleep anyway. i took alyssa to bookstart at the library the other day and once dosed up on teething powder she loved it cos of all the other ppl and there being so much going on, when she got tired and whingey i rocked her to sleep then put her in her pram where she woke up again but was smiley again. id say just try going for a cuppa with your friend and see. its really not that bad. i never tutted at ppl with screaming babies as i knew that babies do scream sometimes so not everyone thinks the way you used to lol

I do an eat, play, sleep routine with K. At 6 weeks she played on her mat a lot. I showed her the different toys on it amd made them swing around and rattle. She really loved mobiles and light shows at that age too. I also read books to her quite a bit, showed her around the house, looked in the mirror, tummy time, sing songs, and talked to her a lot. Still do pretty much the same stuff, but she is much more into books and toys now. I put toys in her lap so she can practice trying to hold them, and make her feel different textures. I usually do that while I am doing house work, and I describe what I am doing.

K is three months old and I still haven't gone out to stores alone with her and haven't been to restaurants at all. She cries when she is tired and is very hard to settle. It is more stressful for me than anything I think lol.

Alyssa is just starting to enjoy her mat now and hit out at the toys, she cant hold them but for about 5-10 mins shes happy to lie there hitting out at them. i talk to her a lot and 'eat her toes' etc which she loves. we listen to music and i sing along, we dance a bit. we visit nana in the pram lol. ive shown her freddie the firefly a lot and jaque the peacock and she loves them and the squeaky bit on their wings/ tail.

I was just having this conversation with a friend today actually. I've been reluctant to take the baby out because of the screaming etc but the reality is that when out she doesn't play up as much. I wonder if being in the house makes it worse, or harder for me to entertain her etc.

We went to baby rhyme time this morning at the local children's centre and she loved it. There were a few babies who got agitated towards the end but most of them were happy and smiley.

Ive got baby bop and baby gym next week too.

Have you got any friends you could go with? I would recommend getting out to the groups if you can.

Max is 6 weeks old and when he has awake time I talk to him alot, pull faces at him trying to get him to pull them back, read to him, we have a play gym thing so I lay him under that and he loves looking at himself in the mirror on that, and he also loves looking out the window that seems to be his favorite thing so I sit with him telling him everything that's outside while he stares in amazement lol :) xxx

Max is 6 weeks old and when he has awake time I talk to him alot, pull faces at him trying to get him to pull them back, read to him, we have a play gym thing so I lay him under that and he loves looking at himself in the mirror on that, and he also loves looking out the window that seems to be his favorite thing so I sit with him telling him everything that's outside while he stares in amazement lol :) xxx

That's so cute staring out the window!! :)

First time I took Tyler out he cried. I fed him. Wasn't the end of the world. As far as I'm concerned someone can tut as much as they want, it ain't gonna stop my baby crying. You have as much right to be somewhere as the rude tutters, I'd just let them tut. Or even sit next to them to wind then up! :)

We did a 3 mile walk to the next town yesterday and had our first feeding/changing out on our own. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back