What do you do to increase your chances?

Annie050408

Reaction score
I am in my first month of ttc no 2 and I am planning to:
- bd every day between cd10-20
- use ov sticks
- pillow under bum!
- cut out caffeine

What are you doing?

Have you thought about bd'ing every other day through your fertile window? It apparently helps sperm quality xx

Have you thought about bd'ing every other day through your fertile window? It apparently helps sperm quality xx

Hmmm I did wonder about this too. Never managed every day on the last few cycles so trying to give the every day thing a whirl (not sure we will manage though ha ha)

Fair enough, just something I'd read, fx hunnie x

Yeah Ive read the same too - a book I has says every day for normal sperm count and every other if its not. Every day is a bloody mission though!! x

I am taking pregnacare conception
My hubby taking Wellman
BD as much as poss (sometimes every day, sometimes every other) between CD8-15

That is about it really. Should I be doing more??

Also, how bad is caffeine??

x

Apparetly caffeine hinders the egg's journey once released and makes it harder for a fertilised egg to implant. There was new research about this on the news today I think.

good luck!!! hope you get your bfp soon!!

Apparetly caffeine hinders the egg's journey once released and makes it harder for a fertilised egg to implant. There was new research about this on the news today I think.

I struggle with this one. When I conceived my twins I was a heavy coke drinker. I don't drink tea or coffee, never have and where I worked at the time was a coke machine in our department so I drank coke all day. I mean 3 or 4 cans while at work.
I am currently off all caffeine as part of the girl diet but it isn't restricted in the boy diet (hence why I have 4 boys perhaps???) xx

I struggle with this one. When I conceived my twins I was a heavy coke drinker. I don't drink tea or coffee, never have and where I worked at the time was a coke machine in our department so I drank coke all day. I mean 3 or 4 cans while at work.
I am currently off all caffeine as part of the girl diet but it isn't restricted in the boy diet (hence why I have 4 boys perhaps???) xx

Hey cosmic - I ma trying for a girl too!
The diet is very boring though and im struggling to stick to it!
Any tips!
I am also struggling with no caffeine! I am used to drinking 6 or 7 cups a day!!
Have swapped to red bush vanilla, nice but still have 2 cups of normal tea in the morning!!xx

I am in my first month of ttc no 2 and I am planning to:
- bd every day between cd10-20
- use ov sticks
- pillow under bum!
- cut out caffeine

What are you doing?

Hi Annie,
Healthy balanced diet, lots of fruit an veg etc whole grains and reg gentle exercise is almost meant to be good!!!!

p.s pillow under the bed is this during or after BD?

xxxxx

Oh that's great, I'm on water only as I don't like hot drinks, I put a slice of lemon in to up the acidity. I'm struggling with no potatoes though! I think the diet does help but I think your timing of bd holds the key. I bd once per cycle two days before ov. We use really shallow penetration and I never orgasm. Good luck xx

I love my hot drinks!
oh didnt know about the lemon - will try to have more then! Orange will be good too then?
We BD on day 10 and 12
very restrictive and quite unromantic sometimes - but yes i agree i think the timing is key.
Only prob with shallow penetration is that harder for sperm to reach?
How long hav you been trying for a girl for? xxx

Pillow was after bur I think it can be helpful during too. What I listed above resulted in Ella being conceive first month of trying but I have no idea if it worked or if we were just lucky.

I love my hot drinks!
oh didnt know about the lemon - will try to have more then! Orange will be good too then?
We BD on day 10 and 12
very restrictive and quite unromantic sometimes - but yes i agree i think the timing is key.

The key to shallow penetration is that by the time the sperm reaches the cervix the more short-living boy sperm has died.
Oranges are fab.
I have been trying for a girl since 2000, I have 4 boys! I started to research properly though after my twins in 2008 as this really is my last chance. I started temping and opk'ing to work out my cycle properly as there is no room for error when it comes to timing xx

yes i conceived my little boy first month of trying too, then remarkably i fell 1st month of trying for a girl too, but unfort at 12 wk scan no heartbeat. So i think my grief has more hinded my chances this time, that or we were just lucky. but you just never until you try!!! Wishing 4 you it is easy. xxx

I must admit it's tempting to bd when I know I am ovulating! xx

I cut out caffeine and bd every day and fell with Isla first time :) it can be done xx

I love my hot drinks!
We BD on day 10 and 12

The key to shallow penetration is that by the time the sperm reaches the cervix the more short-living boy sperm has died.
Oranges are fab.
I have been trying for a girl since 2000, I have 4 boys! I started to research properly though after my twins in 2008 as this really is my last chance. I started temping and opk'ing to work out my cycle properly as there is no room for error when it comes to timing xx

Hey cosmic,
I read the shettles book.
He says that when tryiing for a girl BD as much as pos from the day your period ends.
As male sperm are m ore abundant and this lessens them.
I think twice is fine for us a we are 37 and 38!!!
Any other good girl tips then?
Goodness 4 boys! Bet its boisterous at your house, pink baby dust to you, really hope you get your little girlie. xxxxx:pompom:

p.s i charted my temps for a year b4 even trying!! As knew i always wanted a girl and would ever have one more try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back