BFD
OFD
HC - presume is head circumference
TAD
APAD
AC - presume is abdominal circumference
FL - fibia length
Centile

Had my 30 weeks growth scan yesterday. Do you know on average how much little uns put on a week?

hi hun not sure what they stand for but the average weight gain a week is around 5-6 ounces xxx

Bum i threw my list away! :?

i looked it up on the web - think i googled pregnancy scan/notes
abbreviations or something

you're right on the hc & ac ones - FL is femur (thigh bone? i think.

one meant ear to ear (not circumfrance though) and i think one was crown to rump? cant remeber which though sorry! there was one - i think it was TAD i never worked out!

sorry - wish i'd kept it now!

em

x

Thats ok EM78.

My little un was measured at 28+1 and was approx 1075g (2lb 4oz), she was measured again yesterday at 30+1 and she is approx 1300g (2lb 9oz) is this too small??

BTW pre pregnancy Im 5ft 1 1/2" and about 7st 6, daddy is 5ft 10 and about 13 stone if that makes a difference?

i think you are at the point where they will really start to increase their weight in a big way.

according to Miriam Stoppards book she says in the up to 26 weeks section: by the end of this month baby will weigh just under 2 lb. then in the up to 30 weeks section it says baby will weigh approx 3lbs.

sounds like you are about right to me! :) keeping in mind you are fairly small (no offence at all intended i'm only 5'2! just weighed a lot more then you pre preggy! was 7st when i got married 6 years ago and 10st 3 pre preg!!!)
remember these are only averages and babies all have growth spurts at different times. between now and 34/35 weeks your bubs will almost double in weight.

take care!

x

Thanks Em78, I just seem to worry about everything. :!:

I've asked on a student midwives website to see if they can tell me. xx

i asked the same question yesterday dont think anyone saw the post tho :lol:
sounds like LO is doing well hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members