What Could It Be?!

Little Rose

Reaction score
Morning Everyone,

My daughter has been sleeping from 7/8pm at night right through to 7/7:30 from she ws 8.5week old. :dance:

For the last 2 nights she has woke around 3am and 5am crying. :shakehead:

She cries becaue her dummy has fallen out. She will chew on her hands but this is so noisy, I get up and put her dummy back in. I am wrecked this morning as I was out of the way of interrupted sleep for 6 weeks.

Anyways, she has been showing signs of teething for weeks and weeks so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. 2 days ago I swapped her small baby pillow for a large one, so it might be that. The other strange thing is that she normally only has a dirty nappy every other day but in the last 3 days she had two dirty nappies per day. Her temperature is normal.

One friend said she could be ready for solid foods.

I have no idea what to do to stop this. I will put her small baby pillow back tonight to see if thats it. What do you guy think?

Thanks,

Rose

Hiya

How old is LO now?

It could be teething? It could be because the weather has been so hot, well here has been unbearable the last few nights! It could just be a phase.

I'm not sure if there's too much you can do? Does she go back to sleep once she's got the dummy back? If she's contented chewing on her hands I''d just leave her and see if she drifts back off again?

xxxx

She's almost 15 weeks Maria. She does go back to sleep but now i'm panicing in case my full nights sleeps are over lol.

I'll try the baby pillow tonight to see what happens and go from there.

Chewing of the hands and the dirty nappies can be signs of teething :) or maybe she is just waking up hungry? Could try topping up her last feed with a litle bit more?

My little one slept through from 8 weeks and at 14 he started teething and it was like having a newborn again :( xx

She might be hungry! 15 weeks is still too early for weaning so try to hold off with food. There's also a sleep regression around this time where they can start waking again, it shouldn't last too long though.

Hopefully she'll fall back into routine again soon. I was totally spoiled there - could not go back to this carry on long term lol

Like the girls have said she sounds hungry, could you top her up (dream feed) before you go to bed? If she is still restless then it's probably sleep regression or her teeth. Both shouldn't last long, sleep regression lasted 2 weeks with us and when he has a tooth coming through he has 2 restless nights beforehand.

well firstly, wow, what an amazing sleeper you have there! Owen didn't go through til about 9/10 months old! so am a little jealous lol!! He was feeding 3 times a night til 6 months!! Even now things change so much, seems we sort one thing and another thing changes etc.
Like the others said it could be hunger, teething or maybe she might be a little thirsty in this heat?
Best of luck and hope she slips back into her old routine!

Ooh, i've never heard of the sleep regression before - very strange. 3am and 5am were her waking times. I must do some research on it - thanks a million!

Hun you should have a read of The Wonder Weeks, I've found invaluable since someone on here mentioned it. I bought the book, but there is an iphone app for it too.

Around your LOs age he will be entering a fussy period where it can cause trouble with sleeping.

Too much to write it all down here, but if you get a chance have a read of it, it's fantastic imo xxxx

Matthew did this for a while, but he seems to have stopped by himself! Now he won't even take a dummy lol!
Also I've never heard of a baby pillow, I was told I shouldn't use a pillow for him at all!
XxX

How's LO getting on hun? Did changing the pillow back help?

Hey. So things have improved slightly. She's waking at 6am now so I have squeezed in an extra feed from today to see what happens.

The baby pillow is a Lilla Kuddis pillow that is specially designed to prevent flat head syndrome. One of my friends recommened it. It costs about 3k to fix flat head so I did not want to take any chances lol! She most likely would not have had it anyway but she is so comfy sleeping on it now. I put the small one back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back