What cant you wait to do when babies born..

nori

Reaction score
For me...

I cant wait to have pate on toast again and to eat as much tuna as i want!
I cant wait to sleep on my front and on my back again (well if i ever get some sleep)
I cant wait to be able to sort the "lady garden" out without the risk of severe injury!
I cant wait to have a docs appointment and not have to attempt to pee into a pot when i cant even reach anymore!

What about you?

Claire x

I'm not sure really feel i am missing out on anything but i wouldnt mind a big thick peanut butter sandwich (will have to wait until i finished breast feeding though lol) I wouldnt mind a glass of wine to go with it to :D

I can't wait to .....

Have some prawns mayo
Have some mussels
Have some stilton

How food orientated am I :oops:

I also can't wait to ....

Sleep on my tummy
Have a good few glasses of rose wine
Get rid of my heartburn

and obviously meet my wee baby boy :D

First meal will be...

Pate on toast followed by rare fillet steak smothered in stilton cheese with a nice glass of red wine. :D :D
Then the next day I will have loads of liver and onions :D

I can't wait to sleep on my front :sleep: go for a run in the evening with my lovely Jack Russell doggie, get back on my bike and get superfit again, get back into my expensive jeans...

Theres so much I've missed, but I have enjoyed every moment of being pregnant and can't wait to meet my little baby :pray:

Oh yes... and definately sort out the lady garden :lol: I dread to think what it looks like at the moment. I had to fill a sample pot this morning and couldn't see where I needed to aim :(

I can't wait to have a play scrap with my ten year old
I can't wait to have a right old daft hour on the floor with my dogs
I can't wait to take my dogs for a long walk
I can't wait to take my baby out for long walks in the buggy
I can't wait to sleep on my tummy
I can't wait to put my DM's back on and kick stuff mwahah 8)

Be thin again!
Drink booze!
Sleep on my back and front!
Have sex in any other position than the ONE we are limited to :roll:
Be able to bend to pick things off floor!
Shave me legs! (and foof)!
Run!

Fit into clothes that aren't designed for someone about 30 stone
BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!
Sleep on my belly
BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!
Put my shoes on by myself
BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!
Walk upstairs without getting out of breath
BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!
Cuddles from DH without belly getting in the way......... Oh yeah and...........
BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nori said:
For me...
I cant wait to sleep on my front and on my back again (well if i ever get some sleep)
I cant wait to be able to sort the "lady garden" out without the risk of severe injury!

What about you?

Claire x

Haha, sorry to wee on your fireworks but those two things might not happen for a while after giving birth :lol: :doh: Like you I was sooooo looking forward to being able to sleep on my front again but because of breastfeeding it was bloody impossible to lie on my front in the first 6 weeks without waking in agony as my boobs were lumpy and hard and needed baby to feed from them or leaking. Often both. And so sore I could not lie on my front if I wanted.

Back was sort of the same thing. Boobs were so sore and tender it wasn't funny. Laying on my side was the most comfortable way to go :wall: :roll: Still is. But I can snooze on my back now without it being a problem. But front, forget it.

And the whole lady garden thing. I was so sore and numb for the first couple of weeks and :shock: :shock: :shock: it was so different down there, it felt like a melon between my legs. No way was I touching that for a few weeks. And then I had to fight my way thorugh, well over the tummy flab :rotfl:

Needless to say it was a fair while before I was able to do all the things I had missed during pregnancy.

I am eating loads of tuna though, since the day after Galen was born. Its yummy :D

Get drunk!!!!!!

LOL Im not having a good day! I feel so stressed and irritable and could just have a nice Malibu and coke right now :wall:

I cant wait to not be so moody and irritable! lol

Oh sherlock... im gutted.. i didnt think of the whole breastfeeding thing!! I miss sleeping on my belly!! :sleep:

Claire x

i cant wait to
sleep on my tum
having booze :)
be able to do things without people treating me like im ill :roll:
to have sex 'normally' :oops:
to play with the kids propley
to be able to walk propley

probley loads more but still got forever to go :)

I can't wait to:
eat pate on toast
peanut butter on toast
drink a bottle of white wine hee hee
sleep on my front
have sex properly and cuddle close to Dave in bed
shave my muff

And I'm sure there's more, but I'm too tired to think of any....

all the stuff i really want to eat will probably seem less interesting once i'm allowed them again!
but, i want pate on toast! yum yum!
a drink would be nice, i'm not sure what kind. probably a malibu like you lea, not long before i got pregnant OH bought me some limited edition malibu flavoured lip-smackers, that's been getting me through! it tastes lush.
being able to get comfy
being able to eat until i'm full, not until i run out of room
not walking like there's a watermelon in my fanny
being able to walk around without stopping/feeling out of breath/needing a sit down
having my sex drive back (i hope!)

As vein as it sounds :oops: :

* Sleeping on my front (my favourite position! Although obviously boobs allowing :lol: )
* Being able to wear my old wardrobe again - only so many times you can rotate the same 5 maternity tops lol! :lol:
(I've actually just given all my size 8's to charity....I was an 8/10 before pregnancy and I'm hoping to balance out at a nice size 10 when I lose the extra pregnancy fluid :D )
* Getting my wedding rings back on my fingers :wall:
* Linked to the above - losing the extra baby weight and getting back to about 8.5st....I HATE making dents in the sofa and bed every time I sit down :rotfl: :oops:

I remembered saying that I could not wait to go and and have a good time but once baby got here its the last thing I wanted to do for the first few mths as your sleep is a luxury and the thought of having a hang over was a huge put off.

It was nice to eat all the things i loved but could not in pregnancy and boy have I been :oops: :lol:

When baby is here you'll be looking back t this and thinking you should of put, a nice long sleep :lol:

Awww but there worth it, worth all the sleepless nights in the world.

Enjoy ladies.

a salami bagette!!!! hmmmmmm I had the same thing when I was preggers with Otis.... Salami and choc mousse!

having a few glasses of wine is the thing I'm looking forward to most.

the other things are
getting some sleep without carpal tunnel syndrome waking me up in agony
putting my wedding rings back on
being able to get up off the sofa without looking like a whale
wearing some normal clothes again
having a day getting drunk at the cricket

Great post!

I can't wait to...

Be able to roll over in bed without the pain and effort,
Finding the sofa comfy again,
Eat my tea without spilling half off it on bump!
Walking without my foofoo feeling like it's being ripped in two.

Don't think there is anything food or drink-wise I feel I've missed out on, not missed drinking at all, the thought of a hangover doesn't appeal anymore! Saying that, I've still been eating tuna, prawn mayo, peanut butter and chocolate mousse which I notice some of you ladies have been avoiding :oops:

S x

*I can't wait to be able to eat without feeling sick and generally get rid of the sick feeling.
*Can't wait to stop injecting insulin and testing my blood sugars. Also can't wait to be able to eat without worrying about what it will do to my blood sugars!
*Sleeping on front - I know it won't be the same while breastfeeding but at least I'll have some other sleeping options than my side.
*Can't wait to not have to rely on my OH for simple things like carrying shopping or taking the bin out.
*Can't wait to not feel like I've been kicked in the miff.

Looking forward to having my daughter sit on my lap for a proper cuddle without my big belly getting in the way of having a good old snuggle.
Being able to carry my daughter easily
Stilton, lots of it, gonna ask for some to be brought into hospital for me with crackers
Camenbert, same again
A nice glass of wine
Being able to eat a meal without following it on with gaviscon
Enjoying a latte
Being able to put socks on easily
Same for shoes (tend to wear slip on's now)
Having a bath with my belly not poking out of the water
Being able to walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath

The list goes on, too many to think of!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back