What can we claim for?

Hazel

Reaction score
Trying to get everything sorted before baby is born as I don't want to be filling out forms after.

Can someone tell me what I can claim for. DH works full time and I'm part time. Neither of us have ever claimed anything before.

You can obviously claimfor your maternity pay before baby is born but anything else you cant usually claim until after.
Child benefit you get a claim form for in your bounty pack when youve had baby and then tax credits isnt usually until after baby is born either as im sure you have to send birth certificate or you have to have a child benefit number first. Dont quote me on that but the tax credits and child benefit is after youve had baby.

http://taxcredits.direct.gov.uk/index.html

:hug:

There are two parts to Tax Credits: Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, the child element is obviously based on you having a child but the working tax element isn't.

The best thing to do is have a look at the Inland Revenue site and put in your info, it will tell you what you are entitled to now.

I've generally found the people on the helpline very useful so if you're still not sure give them a ring.

Right I'm organised and am now an expert! Even done a spreadsheet on Excel :D

Cheers girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back