• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What can I do about my neighbours rude kids? **UPDATED**

jojo_2012

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit long.

The kids across the road from me are about 9 and 12 and have lived there about 1 year.

My 9 year old plays with them on a daily basis and they have the usual childhood arguments. My problem is that the other children are so disrespectful towards me and my home it's unreal! First off when I was in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy if Charlie would come home from arguing with them the older child (a girl) would knock on my door repeatedly and run away. Now today they're having a row over a paper gun (yes a piece of white paper) my son took from them and the older child comes banging on the door, Charlie basically shuts it on her and she nicks my only door key out of the door and runs off.

I send c to get it but she refuses, now I'm pissed off I've got a screaming 8 wk old baby in my arms and I'm having to go after kids otherwise who knows what they'll do with the key? Picture a grown woman in her mismatched pjs (at 5 in the evening) with a screaming baby having a shouting match with a child telling her to return my keys whether she gets her piece of shitty paper back or not.

I finally got them back after a lot of attitude, knock on the parents door to find put why their kids are allowed to run wild and he's not in, I think he leaves them at home til about 10 while he works each day. Now wondering what I should do, I don't think he knows how his kids behave when he's gone I'm wondering if a note would be taken the wrong way or whether it'd make it to his hands at all? I find these thongs a bit hard being charlie's only parent and this isn't the first tome they've pre'd me off either they're so rude!

UPDATE: My son hasn't played outside since this day, I have to chaperone him to the icecream van!! I had to go with him baby in tow only to get them shouting abuse at us, so I finally went and hammered on the dad's door today, he could see I was pissed, he made them come in the house and they are in big trouble. Hope my son can play outside without hassle now.

80485576.jpg

Last edited:
I would sent a formal mail to their parents

erm thats neglect! if no parent is home I'd be ringing SS

Yeah I'm a lil worried that they are home alone!!

It's not illegal to be home alone, just irresponsible to let them roam free and rude, I've got a banging headache from all the shouting :mad:

Is it not illegal given their age? That's shocking if not!

You're prob best speaking to them face to face hun. Sounds like a nightmare. Hope you get it sorted.

xx

Also the 12 year old can't be responsible for the 9 year old.
If they are approachable I'd go round and talk to them, if your just going to get abuse then I'd phone ss
X

There is no law against a 12 year old looking after children, we had this problem with my nephew and my sister, she keeps getting him to babysit and we thought it was illegal and it actually isn;t.

I would start with the letter if he isn;t around to talk to and then if that doesn;t help I would call social services especially if he is out that late and out all day as well.

Hope you get it sorted xxx

Agree, I would send a letter with everything that is bothering you. Hope you sort it out hun x

Grrr naughty children!!! I wouldnt want my kids mixing with them full stop!! Write a letter asking when they are free for a chat. Best of luck hun xxx

they are allowed at home on their own under the age of 16 but only if they are mature and can look after themselves ie make a drink and get something to eat.

i dont think talking to the dad would do much good as as soon as hes gone they may do it to you all the more, i would ring SS and express your concerns that they are on their own outside causing the neighbours grief, you dont have to say who you are.

Why dont you go and pay a visit and if he dont listen to you. tell him that you're going to ring SS on him. He'll woke up, I understand is hush way to do but I have same thing happened and had the police involved. So dont worry if it sound harsh but do whatever you feel like doing babes. Fight it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back