What a magical day yesterday :)

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
I was woken up with breakfast in bed and a heap of pressies, then we set off for Glastonbury. It was a lovely drive down and the weather got brighter the further south we went :D

We parked up in town and had some breakfast in a gorgous little organic cafe, ive never tasted scrambled egg like it, it was delicious!!

Then we set off on our walk to Chalice Well, and decided to walk around by the Tor first. We found this little footpath that went by a tibetan retreat with prayer wheels on the outside wall, so we done our pilgrim duty and spun the wheels clockwise, then headed off up the hill. It was raining slightly but it was quite refreshing, and views were amazing back over Glastonbury. We got to the base of the Tor and decided not to go up as we knew we would get side tracked up there for most of the day (as I usually do) and wanted to see Chalice Well. So we headed there and OMG its amazing! The gardens are beautiful and so peaceful, theres a real sense of peace and tranquility there. We washed our hands in the healing pool, drank from the Lions Head and collected a bottle of water to take home.

After leaving Chalice Well we headed to the gift shop were I fell in love with a Statuette of a man and woman embracing, its all white and elongated, stunning! So OH bought me that, a scented cushion and some Angel Oracle Cards (a little too new-agey for me, but worth a try!)

Then we headed back into town and looked around a couple of shops, but I had already walked more than I do in a month and was knackered so we headed home.

We then had chinese and a couple of drinks and chilled out for the evening, watched age of innocence - what a lovely film!

So that was my birthday, another year older but still no wiser lol

Ive got some pics on my phone I'll add them later :D

aw that sounds like a fab day I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
:D

Sounds lovely honey - and 2 breakfasts - woo hoo!

Is the water you collected supposed to help with fertility and conception?

Valentine xxx

valentine said:
Sounds lovely honey - and 2 breakfasts - woo hoo!

Is the water you collected supposed to help with fertility and conception?

Valentine xxx

Were going to do a little fertility ritual using the water when I ovulate, and from ovulation I'll be drinking a little each morning and evening.

I know this may sound mad to some people, normal to others lol, but hey what can I say, its what I do :rotfl:

And you never know!!!

Aw, it sounds like a pefect birthday!

So pleased you had a good one :D

I'm so glad that you had a lovely day and enjoyed the chalice well. I totally understand your feelings of peace and tranquility as I feel the same when we visit and could sit there all day.
Its a shame you didn't go up the tor as the views from the top are amazing but you could spend all day up there chilling out!!!
Maybe you will go back again soon and visit again.
Sarah x

Absolutely Saski, ive been up the Tor a few times now and always end up just staying up there for as long as possible - hence why I hadnt been to Chalice Well yet :rotfl:

I think we're planning a little weekend break down there in the summer so we will probably spend a whole day up there then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back