We're filling the pond in :(

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon whilst i was feeding bailey, the boys were happily playing outside, they have never gone near the pond before, but i heard a scream and then crying, put bailey down and run outside to find bradley in it!! he was wet through, they had thrown the gnomes in the pond and cameron said bradley leant over to get it out and went in head first! i felt sick, got his clothes off and wrapped him up, but he was so upset bless him, it took him 2 hours to calm down,
i was upset as bradley was a bit lethargic the rest of the afternoon, he had cut his feet from the gnome that had broken and got a bruise on his side, and his eye looked sore,

so thats it, the ponds going, i dont care if mark loves it or not, i love my kids more and they are worth more to me than his pond!

I felt such a bad mum yesterday as mark said to me, its obvious you cant look after all 3 kids.. :x he has never done it, and i cant do 2 things at once! :cry:

:hug: :hug: Only takes a minute doesn't it? Youre a great mum, Mark was probably just worried and said it in the heat of the moment :hug:

I hate ponds for that very reason, how about putting mesh over it instead? that way the boys can still see the fish but be safe as well

Glad he is ok hun

im sure he never ment it hunny,

You are a great mummy & they love you loads

:hug: :hug: :hug: :cheer:

we put some kind of net mesh over last night, but i still want it filled!

Maybe put a mesh over it hun.

Your not a bad mum at all. :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww he probs wont ever go near it again
bless him

I have a similar thing going on here...We've got 3 ponds and I'd like my OH to fill in 2 of them (the smallest ones) but he doesn't want to...when I mentioned that we could put a hot tub in the place of one of them he said he'd fill it in for that !!!! :rotfl:

Our garden is a rubbish garden for kids though (it's like the north face of the Eiger & SOOOO steep!) and I suspect that by the time our baby is old enough to be playing outdoors that we will have moved to somewhere more appropriate.

Awww Im sure Mark didnt mean what he said. Its hard enough with one, never mind 3!

You're doing a great job, plus you're trying to look after yourself as well as the kids.

I remember when we were little my brother fell in our pond and we ended up getting it filled in. You're not to blame, accidents happen :hug: :hug: :hug:

x-kirsty-x said:
Awww Im sure Mark didnt mean what he said. Its hard enough with one, never mind 3!

You're doing a great job, plus you're trying to look after yourself as well as the kids.

I remember when we were little my brother fell in our pond and we ended up getting it filled in. You're not to blame, accidents happen :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back