Had a nasty scare!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Yesterday evening i walked bradley to the shop,

we got home, i went upstairs to put some washing away, mark was reading a paper in the front room, the front room window was open..

anyway, next thing i know mark shouted up at me"bradleys outside" he ran out, i followed, dreading the worst had happened because he had actually managed to open the front door and get out, and we live on a main road, we have a open front garden and everything was going through my mind,

bradley was running off down the street laughing his little head off at daddy trying to catch him,

what upset me is hes only 1, not quite 2 hasnt got any road sense, he could have easily run on the road and anything could have happened, even if he stayed on the path anyone could have snatched him..

Omg im never going to leave my front door unlocked again, i was in tears for several hours after thinking what if!

Im such a bad mum :(

awwww hun, you are not a bad mum. I see kids as young as one and two (in my job) wondering around outside and their mums know they are doing it, and dont give a stuff- they are the bad mums.

have a hug and dont beat yourself up. have a hug :hug: :hug:

tangerinedream said:
awwww hun, you are not a bad mum. I see kids as young as one and two (in my job) wondering around outside and their mums know they are doing it, and dont give a stuff- they are the bad mums.

took the words right out of my mouth - the ones who dont worry themselves over things like that are the bad mums hun!

glad all was ok

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Em78 said:
tangerinedream said:

took the words right out of my mouth - the ones who dont worry themselves over things like that are the bad mums hun!

glad all was ok

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was going to say exactly the same thing. You're not a bad Mum at all :hug:

You are not a bad mum at all hun! These things happen. Like the other girls said, you get people who know there wee ones are running around on the street and dont even care!

:hug:

Thanks everyone, i just feel so bad, i know i shouldnt ponder about the if's and buts but as a mummy i cant help it...

going to spend the day with him today to see if helps ease the way im feeling... :hug:

Hunnie you are not a bad Mum!!! Hope your feeling better this morning :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun i really feel for you i've had a scare or two like this myself and its awful

but like everyone else said you arent a bad mum you have worried yourself silly over it so that proves how great you are, dont beat yourself up about it :hug: :hug:

Hi

I agreew hat others have said and just the fact that your still concerned about it tells you somthing :hug:
Katrina

thanks everyone,

feeling much better knowing theres worst of kids out there if you know what i mean, not that i wish it upon them to be worst off, but the care they recive, sorry im babbling...

Bradley has got over the telling off now which is good, i was worried he would remember but he hasnt, still keeping doors locked from now on though!

aww hun you are not a bad mum! i am glad you are feelin a bit better about it it can be so scary when you experience something like that. i once was coming out of the shop and got into my car and a girl was walking with her BF and daughter, her kid was about 2yrs and walking behind them, they werent interested at all in her and she just started to walk across the road, they didnt even notice. my herat was in my throat and i eventually had to peep the horn and point to their child and then she had the nerve to scowl at me like i was interfering(sp). yours was a genuine mistake that can happen to anyone and was no fault of your own, children are naturally adventurous and you and Oh noticed he had gone unlike the girl i saw. hope you are not beating yourself up anymore hun now u have got over the shock. xxxxxx

Your not a bad mum :hug:
Glad your feeling better hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back