Went back to work today...

elviedee

Reaction score
It was hard but not as hard as I'd imagined, helped in some way by going out with the girls from work on friday night for a few drinks I think. They each made the effort to come up to me separately, give me a hug, if there's anything they could do etc.. It felt good to know they understand on some level, and more importantly that they care and don't hate me for having time off.

I'm being kept off the phones for the time being (it's a mutual decision that having an angry customer shouting at me won't do me much good) and frankly, I'm amazed at how nice everyone's being. It's still hard, especially with these dark nights and coming home to an empty house but it's getting a little better day by day.

Tomorrow I have the dreaded outpatients appointment with the consultant who wasn't very nice to me... On the plus side it's at 3pm, so I'm finishing work at 1:30 for the day to give me time to get home, quick wash (not 100% where they'll be looking!) and get to the hospital. That place makes me so nervous now...

I'm extra nervous as I get the histology results back...

xx

Glad your work colleagues took the time out to give you a well needed hug.
If your consultant wasn't nice to you there is no excuse for that. I would possibly have a word in someone elses ear, at the hospital.
Will be thinking of you when you get your results today.

Michelle x

That was nice of the girls from work - hope your appointment goes ok and they are a little nicer to you this time x x x

good luck tomorrow with your appointment and your results :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back