• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

well, that was offically the last day of my mat leave :(

mum2A&L

Reaction score
as of monday im working again (even though im taking it as holiday!!! :cheer: ). all my suit is dry cleaned and shirts ironed. Im so not looking forward into getting back into that thing. ive had over a year of jeans and trainers. still, i earn the most of out me and OH, so i need to go back so he can carry on with his own business.

Which got me thinking, what jobs does everyone do / what is their ideal job?

Im going back to be a senior office support assistant (although, the work they are going to give me until christmas sounds like it is more trainee level :wall: ).

If money wasn't an issue, i would LOVE to be an art teacher. its been my dream as far back as i can remember. at infant school we had a lady that would come round twice a week and talk to us about different artists and paintings, and we would have a go at their techniques and stuff. She used to teach all the classes in the school. I would adore a job like that!

Hope you have a great day on Monday Sam and smoothly get into the swing of things :hug:

I'm a stay at home mummy and model - I have thought about doing a degree in ParaPsychology as I am very interested in the Paranormal

:hug: :hug: Aww Sam, have these...its not so bad once you are in the swing of things. I too earn more than OH, so I went back full time in July.

I am a Senior Clerical officer for a very busy Property Services section in a local housing association. I work with great people, and love my job, but I would of loved to be a primary school teacher, working with reception age kiddies...

good luck Sam

It must feel strange going back after such a long break. I can't imagine how it would feel if I had to.

I happily gave up my job as a Senior Buyer for the Aerospace industry. I now help my husband with his business, and run a couple of online businesses.

I took a Diploma in Psychology whilst PG with DD number one, and I've thought about doing an OU Degree in it when Sam gets older. I've always been interested in Criminal Psychology........

awwww hun have hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: are you going back full time?

Im going back part time in Feb, although I am quite looking forward to it :shhh: Im a housing officer for the local authority, my 'area' is 5 blocks of flats

Hi

Hope your first day back goes as smoothly as possible!!
Katrina

I am a teacher! Currently doing supply teaching which is good money but when I'm not working, I don't get paid. The supply teaching has been ideal though for being pregnant because you don't have any of the hassles of marking, parents evenings etc. Turn up at 8.30 and leave at 3.30! :cheer:

Hope it goes well for you Sam :hug:

I was a postie and due back in January but as both my husband and I work there and earn the same it has been decided I will not be going back! :cheer:

Will be hard being skint all the time so will have to have a think about what I will do next :think:

Good luck Sam!!!
I'm sure it will go fine :hug:

thanks ladies. im kinda excited about being back to work, but im not looking forward to getting back into the swing of it all. its going to be a bit of a shock to the system, plus i don't think i have truly forgotten some stuff that happened when i was pg. Not sure how i am going to deal with certain situations. Im not going to be spoken to, or treated the same way i was. im going to stand up for myself now, and thats kinda outside my comfort zone.

Im going back as full time, but where i was signed off sick, ive got 35odd days holiday, so im only going to work 3 days a week till the end of the year, but get paid for 5 :cheer:

I just feel like i could do more. I would love to do something that helps people but i have no idea where to start. Ive done some charity stuff in my time, i think when alice gets a bit older i might start helping out again, esp if it is something me and alice can do together.

Aww good luck hun!

I've decided i'm not going back in December, i will eventually get another job in a year or two, but we've worked out our budget, etc and we'll manage for the moment. Just need to pluck up the courage qithin the next couple of weeks to tell them i'm not going back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back