• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

well ladies ive made a decision

Go for it Budge!!

I wish I was brave enough to have a home birth. Im only just brave enough to have it at the birthing centre.

Are you going to have a normal birth or water???

xx

hi Budge, I am also thinking of a home birth. I was quite worried about approaching the midwife about it because I am 40, it is my first baby and I am a b it overweight... but as so far everything has progressed well with the pregnancy the midwife was really supportive and said that if everything carried on as it has been then she would be very supportive of me having a home birth.
Must admit I haven't decided 100 % - as it is my first still not sure how the birth might go and keep thinking that hospital might be better incase anything goes wrong. (although we do only live 5 mins from the hospital) but I am going to keep an open mind about it all and see how I feel as time goes on.
The other thing is that my best friend is a midwife and she is going to be my birthing partner, (while also moping brow of DH while he is lying on the floor, his idea of a birthing partner is phoning everyone once the birth if over.) So I know that I will be in very safe hands. My friend loves home birth and says that they are brillaint for both mum and baby.
let's keep in touch and see how each others plans go.

Crickey a sane thread by Budge :shock: What is the world coming to, I feel disappointed and thoroughly let down :shakehead:

Seriously hun if this is your 4th baby and you've always had straight forward deliveries then I see no reason why this isnt a good idea. My only concern would be at least in hospital you can leave them with the mess, don't fancy being the one with the detol, sponge and shovel at home.........sorry

:hug:

Miracle babe said:
Crickey a sane thread by Budge :shock: What is the world coming to, I feel disappointed and thoroughly let down :shakehead:

Seriously hun if this is your 4th baby and you've always had straight forward deliveries then I see no reason why this isnt a good idea. My only concern would be at least in hospital you can leave them with the mess, don't fancy being the one with the detol, sponge and shovel at home.........sorry

:hug:

apparantly they take it all with them at the end and you can't tell they've been.

nikki1306 said:
plus you can keep posting all the way through,let us all know how you are getting on :D ,midwife might think you are bonkers mind :lol: xx

nikkish already knows im bonkers! :rotfl: :rotfl:

WOW good luck Budge.

I'd love to do this but I live in a terraced house and would be embarassed that my neighbours could here every grunt!

Go for it budge....you can even be online and give us a step by step chat of what's going on.... :lol: Seriously though, I think its a great idea, your other births have obviously gone well enough for you to feel comfortable enough to have a home birth so you go girl...yeah go budge, go budge... :dance: :dance:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

now you have lost the plot miracle babe. :rotfl:

yes just think how informative it would be for all the first time mums lmao

:rotfl: my sisters filming me... i'll see if she can get it online, shes not filming my do dar, but she will be filming me going through it :rotfl:

webcam budge, c'mon lol!!!

I probably wont want to be filmed at the time but I just wanna see how I handle labour lol...

Thats fantastic Budge! I think Homebirthing is just wonderfull and I admire anyone who does it :hug: I am planning on a homebirth too :D can't wait to read your birth story! Though would never have it filmed though :think:

That's brilliant budge! I would like to do a home birth too, but my hospital is too far away. Been to hospital so much lately though. Hear a lot of screaming mums and then screaming babes.

So whats with the eating the placenta thing? I've heard of saving cord blood, but I don't get it...

I'm far too much of a 'give me the key to the medicine cabinet' girl to consider home birthing. In fact, at the risk of sounding unmaternal, the drugs were my favourite thing about the whole process (and I had 'em ALL!!) :D

That said, I applaud all you ladies going down that route. Just STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!! The figures show something like 4% of women actually get a home birth, I think far too many medical professionals try and put you off! :?

Miracle babe said:
budge said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

now you have lost the plot miracle babe. :rotfl:

Oh come on you should wear your smurf hat, you'd make millions :cheer:

mmmmmmm now you're talking :think: i think i might have a photo at least with my smurf hat on in the throws of labour! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back