Weight watchers membership whilst pregnant??

Katkin72

Reaction score
I have been a weight watchers member for about 3 years and lost 3 1/2 stone, becoming a Gold member in 2010. Unfortunately I then stopped going and put on about 2 stone lol. About 6 weeks ago I decided to return to lose some weight before I became pregnant (I'm not seriously overweight but wanted to slim down a bit), however I have just found out I am pregnant (4 wks) lol. Fab timing eh :lol:

Don't get me wrong I am definately not going to be obsessing with dieting whilst pregnant, but I do want to eat healthily so i dont put on too much excess weight and was wondering if WW recommend a healthy eating programme for pregnant ladies? Failing that, where can I get advice on maintaining a healthy weight during my pregnancy? I've only known about my pregnancy for 3 days and already I'm planning what treats I can have lol :) I seem to want chips, chips and more chips atm :whistle: my OH has just bought me a big pack of ginger biscuits - can't wait to tuck into them!!

As dieting while pregnant is not recommended (it can lead to a lack of vitamins, low birth weight and other complications) I don't think weight watchers is a good idea, and as far as I know they dont have a tailored programme for pregnant women?. However the NHS website contains some good advice on eating healthily while pregnant
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/healthy-pregnancy-diet.aspx
Good luck :)

Thanks for your reply Sunnysue - I totally agree with you and definately don't intend to diet whist pregnant, I just want to make sure I eat healthily and get the right nutrients for me and my baby. If I gain excess weight so be it, I'd much rather have a healthy pregnancy and baby!
Thanks for the link - I will have a look :) xxx

Dont be too harsh on yourself, I think the avarage weight gain for a pregnancy is something like 2-3 stone. Just try and enjoy being pregnant and concentrate on keeping you and LO healthy, weight watchers can be started once the baby is here :)

Thanks for your reply Sunnysue, yes I'm sure once I am running around, having sleepless nights and BF, a few extra pounds will be the least of my worries lol :)

WW wont allow you to continue with them once they know you're pregnant. I emailed them to cancel my subscription and they actually refunded my last payment! So nice :)

You already know the basics of healthy eating, just continue and allow yourself the occasional treat and you'll be fine x

Durhamchance is right! WW don't allow u to be a member whilst pregnant! On the other hand slimming world do!! They were fantastic with me! They just tell u to have 1 more healthy extra A and B! It's a really good healthy eating plan! Have a look on their website :) x

Thanks for your reply Durhamchance - I was thinking of phoning my group leader this week to tell her. It's good to hear WW will give you a refund as they have just taken my next month's subscription lol.
I already eat very healthily - I particularly love fruit and eat tons of fruit salad every day. I usually have a big bowl of fruit salad for breakfast every morning but will probably also have some wholemeal toast to keep me going till lunch time lol. I'm not sure just fruit will be enough now!

Durhamchance is right! WW don't allow u to be a member whilst pregnant! On the other hand slimming world do!! They were fantastic with me! They just tell u to have 1 more healthy extra A and B! It's a really good healthy eating plan! Have a look on their website :) x

Ooh thanks Terri - I will have a look :) xxx

I definately need to change my current diet as I tend to live on fruit & salad in the day and pig out in the evenings! I've read that to reduce the risks of MS you should eat regular, small amounts of food throughout the day. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back