Weighing your Baby/Clinic

xkikix

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Just want to know whether you go to a special baby clinic, say on a monday morning, to get your bubs weighed with the HV?

At mine you just turn up whenever you want (which is great) and weigh your baby on these scales which is in the doctors reception for all to see!! At first I didnt mind, but now i'm not too happy about it. Last time I got him weighed it was busy in the reception and people keep walking past making comments (albeit nice comments but they were like commenting on my naked baby, stuff like ohhh streeker). I just dont know whether its right I mean its a public place and there could be pervs in the waiting room!

Am I being a bit paranoid?

Also I never see my HV, if there was a clinic then I could speak to her about any problems, I know I could ring her but its not the same.

Any Thoughts ladies x

Sounds a bit weird that it's in the reception area so I don't think you're paranoid at all. Ours is on a Thursday and they have a special room for the baby clinic - scales etc in one corner, some comfy chairs and some toys. The on duty HV (there are about 3 or 4 for the area I think) does the weighing and records it in your red book. You can request privacy if you want but nobody really does.

We've had big problems with sickyness over the last few weeks so it's been good just to be able to drop in with any worries rather than wait 2 weeks (!) to see a GP.

Why dont you just weigh in a baby grow or something.
Im sure Cameron was never weighed naked at Health Centre.
Times may have changed tho

I go to our HV clinic at the child centre. LO's are always weighed naked there but its all mums and babies and so on and nothing else.

He's been weighed naked from birth so if i wieghed him in a sleepsuit that'd prob be a few extra oz wouldnt it? He's still quite light at only 12lb15 so every oz counts!

If it was a special room etc all mums together then I wouldnt mind it at all, its just cus its in the public area with all sorts of people.

Sherlock said:
I go to our HV clinic at the child centre. LO's are always weighed naked there but its all mums and babies and so on and nothing else.

Me too.

At ours, if we forget a clean nappy (only happened once!) they weigh with the nappy on and add a few oz on but obviously that isn't a correct weight. I'm sure you can request for Chester to be weighed in private, I totally agree with you when you say you're paranoid about weirdos and stuff..I'd feel the same.

at our one once your LO has reached 12 weeks they start weighing with clothes on. It was her first non naked weigh in on Tuesday and I came home all upset because it means she's no longer a tiny newborn :cry: . OH just told me to get myself together - men :roll:

I go to my surgery on a Tuesday. It's a drop-in between 10.30 and 1pm. We go into the room where i had all my midwife appointments. She gets weighed naked on these really old fashioned, really cold scales. But it's all done by a nursery nurse. So any HV questions i have to leave with her, she contact my HV and then call me back.
She was always above average in weight, then started to drop, went just below the average line and is now spot on. Bothers me but i don't have any answer as to why she's like it. Her last weigh in at 12 weeks she was a wee 12lb 3.5oz.

LisaJ1986 said:
She was always above average in weight, then started to drop, went just below the average line and is now spot on. Bothers me but i don't have any answer as to why she's like it. Her last weigh in at 12 weeks she was a wee 12lb 3.5oz.

I wouldn't worry, as long as she's putting the weight on. Ella was 11lb 10oz at 12 weeks and to be honest I was a bit worried then but now I realise she's just a naturally petite baby and not that bothered about milk.

Our clinic used to be held in reception before the doctors moved it to their new fancy building, but when the clinic was on the doctors were having their weekely meeting.... only Mums with new borns or pregnant ladies waiting to see the mw were in the building

Our clinic is in a special room that is set in the surgery but only for weigh ins etc. There are 3/4 sets of scales and the HV calls you over in turn once you hand in your red book.

Our clinic is run on a thursday afternoon. You request a ticket from the receptionist then wait for your number to be called the HV. You then go through to a private room where baby gets weighed and you can ask the HV whatever.
At our clinic all babies are weighed naked until they are 1 yrs old apparently.

Our clinic is once a month and there are only 3 babies - spot the country bumpkin! :rotfl:

It's in a private room though.

Connie is now 12 weeks and only weighs about 12lb 9oz - is this small?? She looks chunky enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back