Weetabix

futuremum

Reaction score
My H/V told me that at 6 months old i could give Thomas weetabix as this will help him for his constipation. I read the label and there is salt in it so am not sure you can give weetabix :shakehead:

Does anybody give weetabix to their babies?

i cant eat weetabix neither can Adele as it both makes us constipated :?

oh well it must just be our bodies it works with but i know after eating weetabix i cant go for almost 3 days and it hurts (tmi sorry :oops: )

Weetabix is fine for babies over 6 months (and Readybrek). I was told to eat it when I got bunged up during pregnancy but i couldn't keep it down :oops:

Have given it to Phoebe once but she doesn't like it :(

They can have it though. :D

Yep, we had it when jess was abou that age. Started off with her milk then moved onto cows milk a few months before she was 1. Its always went down quite well and I find it good for self feeding as if you get the consistency right it stays on the spoon well.

Weetabix is great, but look out for the organic one or the No Salt one.

Recipe for success....
1 Weetabix
Milk
Banana

Put weetabix and milk in a bowl. Place the banana (skin on) in the microwave for a minute. Carefully peel back the skin and scoop out the flesh. The banana will be nice and hot and once mixed with the weetabix, it'll be perfect for baby.

Also try stewing prunes. Once nearly done, add banana, stew a few minutes longer and then blend to desired consistency. Suitable for home freezing. Keeps Oscar nice and regular - try it! :wink:

Emilia xx

in the baby section at my tesco they do a weatabix for babys called hippo-bix or summit like that

Weetabix is fine Abi loves it :) i make hers wuith full fat cows milk now and warm the milk 1st then add the weetabix, as long as you're not replacing baby milk with cows milk it's fine :) i was also told if you go somewhere and somebody cooks bubs food don't turn it away if it has salt in itas a bit won't hurt them, it's if they have a lot everyday that it's harmful :)

Dylan had weetabix for breakfast he loves it and its so much cheaper than buying them stupid packets of baby breakfast that last a few days

i have been giving weetabix to kacy for a couple of days with cow's milk on it she loves it she is only eatting half of it

Tried Rubie with Weetabix this morning, she was mortified :shock:

lmao

emilia said:
Weetabix is great, but look out for the organic one or the No Salt one.

Recipe for success....
1 Weetabix
Milk
Banana

Put weetabix and milk in a bowl. Place the banana (skin on) in the microwave for a minute. Carefully peel back the skin and scoop out the flesh. The banana will be nice and hot and once mixed with the weetabix, it'll be perfect for baby.

Emilia xx

Thanks for this tip Emilia!!! :hug: Had always given Reece weetabix with just his milk and he was getting a bit fed up. I tried this recipe with him yesterday and he wolfed it down!!! :dance:

I gave Noah weetabix for a while but I found he went from Pooing once a day to 3-5 times a day and he got really nasty nappy rash for the first time, when I spoke to my sister in law I found she had the same problem with her little girl and other people I have spoken to had the same problem, so be warned!!!

I now give Noah raspberry oat-so-simple and he loves it!

i gave both my boys weetabix over 6 months warmed up mushed with whole milk, didnt hurt them hv told me too and they loved it.

cat&noah, i have just noticed that about Kacy that she has had bad nappy rash for a few days since i have started giving her weetabix, and she is pooing 4 or five times a day

Yeah vicky, I didnt realise it was his cerial till a couple of other people said what had heppened to them, so I changed his cerial and he went back to 1 poo a day and his nappy rash went. I then passed on the info to my sister in law whos little girl had really sevear nappy rash, and when I saw her the pther week it had all gone. I think it just goes stright through some babies digestive systems!

I have realised now that my sons change from 1 poo a day to 4/5 poos a day (plus leakage :shock: ) was also down to giving a weetabix for brekkie! I have now changed to Ready Brek and we are down to 2 a day and less leakage again thank goodness!!! lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back