Broccoli

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!!!!

Do you know if broccoli helps for constipation? I know i should start giving thomas potato first but because he is so constipated, only has a poo once a week :shock: i asked the nursery to give him broccoli. he ate it all so am going to carry on giving him some. Do you know how long it takes before it starts having an effect on this? i have been told to give him pear as well so will try this too. It is a shame, i did not want him to be on solids before 6 months old but i do not want him to be on medication if natural stuff can help him.

Any advice on other food that helps with constipation?

Fruit - stewed apple puree, or a half a teaspoon of orange juice should manage to clear him out!

Good luck, and happy pooing! :lol:

Sue

I was also going to suggest pureed apple or pear. Brocolli doesn't agree with Brody it gives him tummy ache...it's a bummer really, I have a freezer full :doh:
Don't worry about giving it though, All kids are different he might love it :)

he loves broccoli :) he nearly ate it all and i did give him quite a bit. i will try pear puree for breakfast tommorrow. he was pushing at the end of his meal but still nothing. i can see some green poo in his anus so i know he needs to poo but it does not want to come out :evil:

How do you guys prepare broccoli for your little one? I'm only giving really puree'd stuff at the mo as Naomi won't be able to take chunks. I've never eaten broccoli stalks myself though I love broccoli, and wondered, if you've put the broccoli stalks and all into the blender to puree it?

Sue

well, i cook really well so it is all soft and then put it in a blender. mine is a manual one where you need to turn everything by hand, i put quite a fair bit of water too so it is not too thick. he does not have to chew anything at all as he is too small for chewing :)

I don't use the main big stalk but do use the smaller "branches" does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back