Wedding ring and thread...

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi girls...

Anyone know this trick? If you put your wedding ring (or any gold ring) on a thread and dangle it over your belly, you can tell which baby you will have, a boy or a girl. if the ring moves from side to side it's a boy, and in circles, it's a girl. :D

We tried it lastnight after our date (mmmmmmmmmmdate) and hubby introduced a new element. He says that he knows a few people who dowse for water etc and that's what this trick is. Apparently you have to determine which answer each individual can get because individuals get different responses. So he held the ring over his hand first - ie a boy and his ring moved in circles. Then he held it over my hand and it moved from side to side. So in otherwords HIS responses are reversed. Anyway - he held the ring over my tum and it moved in circles... :roll:

SO now I'm as well off as I was in the beginning! It moved in a circle which according to my theory means the baby is another girl. But it moved in a circle for my hubby which means for him - that the baby is a boy.

Go figure!

:lol:

Sue

Old wives tales!!!!!!!!!!! i did this with Tom and every time it indicated girl..............it was wrong!

:D

And yet it was right with my daughter...according to my responses though! *LOL* it's like OH says...you have a 50% chance of being right anyway!

I know it's just an old wive's tale but it's fun!

Sue

Despite my sceptism, I'll be doing it too! All just a bit of fun in guessing :wink:

Mine spun in a circle - odd as I was pretty convinced this one might be a boy (so not what I anticipated it would do).

All the other tests and things I did (see first tri thread) came out girl too.... :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back