Wedding dress worries!

Penstraze

Reaction score
Im just over 8 weeks at the moment and will be 12 weeks on my wedding day and am worried what to do about buying a dress I have found one I like but have to order it over internet so need to allow for delivery and time to return it and get new one sent out so really need to order it now but dont know what size to order! Usually I'm a size 12 but if the sizing is small occasionally a 14 round the hips but always 12 on top, at the moment alot of my trousers are tight already so surely by 12 weeks a 12 round the waist and hips wont fit, but dont want it to be too big on top my boobs are alot bigger then they were but still fit comfortably into a size 12 top! Do I just order up a 14 and hope for the best? And if it is abit loose now is it likely to fit by then?

I guess mostly what Im asking is how much we're you guys showing at 12 weeks?

I wasn't really showing on my tummy, but was putting it on in other areas. Also my boobs just kept on growing and didn't really stop till well into 2nd tri. Even now I swaer they keep getting bigger :wall:

TBH its hard to say how big you'll get between now and then. Or where you will gain/lose weight. Every woman is different.

Is it a church wedding and therefore a full on dress or is is a registrars office where you can wear whatever and it doesn't have to be a full on dress? If its a registrars, I'd wait till nearer the time and find a simple dress off the peg in store, so long as you you like it and feel comfy in it.

I got married in a registrars office and wore a pink fitted blouse with a cashmere grey knitted jacket/cardi over the top and teamed it with a purple checked wool skirt and black knee high DM zip up boots :lol: 8)

If its a full on wedding dress then I'd really not like to say. I'd be inclined to look to one from a local shop that can be altered by them if it needs it. Or else order the one online and have it adjusted a few days before?

Could you send them an email asking what their fittings are like? Wether they are small or big? If I were you though I'd probably go for a size 14 as wedding dresses don't have any stretch in them usually. Also if it is big on top, couldn't you get it altered abit somewhere?

I wasn't showing at all by 12 week's and I'm still not now, even though I've put on at least 6lbs and seem fatter all over.

does your wedding dress allow for your bump? as if it does I'd just go with the bigger size.

I was 28 weeks when I got married and I got into a size 10 dress and no one knew I was pregnant :shock: I'm hoooooge now though :rotfl:

Picture022.jpg

Picture569.jpg

OH was best man at our frineds' wedding when I was 12 weeks pregnant. I bought a beautiful dress in the Monsoon sale (from the Bridal section but it was a light gold and no one realised :oops: ). I was really worried it wouldn't fit on the day so bought another, not as fantastic, dress that I could wear on the day if need be. As it was, I wore the dress all day and it was fine. My breasts were several cup sizes bigger so I didn't wear a bra (I had originally intended wearing a bra and chicken fillet like padding). Because of the cut, the fact that my belly was a bit bigger wasn't an issue.

You could buy the 14 and get it taken in if it needs it anywhere. To be honest, you won't know until the day what size you are. And it will depend on the cut of the dress how much you can get away with. Maybe have a back up outfit just in case.

Here's my dress - because it flares above the waist my small bump (it didn't seem small to me then but it does now :D ) wasn't a problem.

Good luck and have a wonderful wedding!!!!!

dsc_0034.jpg

I certainly wasn't showing at 12 weeks but my boobs were a bit bigger.

Whats they style of the dress? Something like what Babylicious had would be perfect as it will sit tight under the bust and the flow over the tummy ;)

i was 18 weeks when I got married and I wasn't showing a huge amount but i was bigger than usual.
I bought a bigger size dress and had it altered the week before - is it possible to get it altered locally? It's easier to take in a dress than to let it out.

I'd also reccomend a lace-up back as that allowed me to pull it as tight as i dared on the day - but it meant it could be loose too.

Here's a pic of my dress.

n787130592_1935396_3677.jpg

Well hun, i was showing at 12 weeks and i was big and round and had a visable bump but i do think everyone is different, is this your first?
I know with my first i didn't even show until i was 6months gone and then i still fitted in 915 section from new look :oops: .....lol

Best of luck and i'm sure you will look great.

i was getting bigger at 12 weeks, but it varies from person to person.
When we got married three years ago i was told at the bridal shops that wedding dress can be a but smaller than high street sizes (i was wearing size 10 high street, but had to get wedding dress in a 12).

Good luck with the dress.

Sandi

By 12 weeks I wasn't showing,just a bit of bloating, but I'd put on a bit of weight (about 6lbs) plus boobs were a bit bigger. I'd agree with some of the other posts and try choose a dress that flares out from under your bust and skims your belly-that way if you do have a bit of a tum no one will know, plus lace up backs are good cos you can just loosen it a bit if you have gained any weight.
Hope you manage to find one-post a picture-we'd love to see it!! :cheer:

At 12 weeks i wasnt showing to much but i was bloated.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and on getting married :dance: :clap:

Ps I AM VERY JEALOUS OF EVERYONE!!!!!
you all look beautiful and i wanna get married too :cry:

I was 10wks pg when i got married and as it is baby #3 I did have more of a tummy than with my first but I still wasn't ovbiously pg ( I don't think!).
I wore a maternity wedding dress bought from here http://www.bjornandme.com/section.php/5 ... 8afc879c22

With my first baby I didn't have a bump until after 20 odd weeks, certainly nothing much at 12 wks.

Here is me at 10wks on my wedding day
weddingpics092.jpg

Everyones dresses are gorgeous thanks for sharing!

This is the dress I love at the moment
http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/25202541

I was told I would have to order it online cause the nearest bridal monsoon is in Birmingham but it seems the person who told me that didnt know what they're talking about as called my local store and they have this dress in both the sizes I want to try :cheer: but I don't finish work in time to go in the week and am away this weekend so have no idea when will get to go try them just hope they still have them, but will go looking for dresses whilst Im away incase find something I like more, the lace up at the back dresses would be a good idea as its being loose on the top I was worried about! Thanks everyone! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back