• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

waxy ears?

Stella_25

Reaction score
hi there... I'm a little worried about Lucy... two weeks ago i noticed she had very waxy and wet ears i knew it was a ear infection took her to doc and he gave Lucy some antibiotics.. so she had that for a week a noticed that her ears were still really waxy so took her back to the doc (saw different doc) and he said nothing to worry about and she should not have gone on the antibiotics but told him she is still rubbing her ear and she seems uncomfortable, but he said just to leave her, so this morning I'm getting Lucy ready and her ears still really waxy and big clumps inside? is this Normal? she seems fine apart from teething.

its perfectally normal hun willow has really waxy ears and i am always cleaning them she also fiddles with her ears too, try not to worry hun :hug:

hi thank you for the reply... i'm a worry pot not used to it my other daughter never really had waxy ears, but Lucy had a big bit of wax in her left ear it was huge!! lol i get nervous about cleaning in side her ears because its so delicate what is the best way? thanks x

I just wait for the wax to work its way out and then wipe it away. DS has had pea sized lumps before :shock: :puke:

You can use baby earbud cleaners, just don't actually put them in the ear canal, just remove what's come away from there, though many people won't advise cleaning LO's ears at all. The pulling her ears bit may be teething, as that's one way they express not being very happy with their gums. Very best wishes :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/earwax/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back