Water???

pilkers

Reaction score
Hi

I'm totally confused...

My MW says I shouldnt give my LO anything but milk until she's 4 to 6 months but my HV says I can give her some cooled boiled water during the day.

Do you or did you give your LO water or not? I dont know what to do for the best now.

Thanks

Are you breast or bottle feeding hon?

If you are breast feeding then there's no need to supplement with any other liquid, but I think there might be if you're bottle feeding - someone else will hopefully reply who knows more!

Valentine Xxx

I'm also botlle feeding, and when I asked the Dr about giving water, she told me not to until DD turns 6 months old. She says that formula milk provides enough hydration and if I were to give water, it could dilute the blood too much. She says the only times I should give water is when DD is constipated.

i bottle feed willow and i have been giving her water since she ws about 3 months old cause the weather was getter warmer i didnt give her loads but just enough to quench her thirst, i dont see any harm in it.

I only gave water if ryan was blocked up in the poo department. Now I give him really really diluted squash but that's because he gets poo blockage more now that he is an additional 2 meals of baby food, and one big bottle a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back