water infection :(

LouLou1986

Reaction score
been the docs i have a water infection and am on antibiotics :( but the good news is thats what MIGHT of caused my bleeds but i have scan next week so we will see ey, i also had a swab took of my ladie bits and she sed my cerivx looks like a nice healthy PREGGERS one, but there is a lot of discarge so i have some cream called dalacin what u have to put up your ladies bits with a applicator, docter said its fine for pregnate women BUT i read the insirst tructions and it said not recomended in the first trimestor, but talk to the doctor so not sure about using it do i trust doctor or papper? adivce girls pleaseeeee

I remember in July when I thought I could have been pregnant and had thrush my doctor said she was only allowed to give a pessary (the thing you have with the applicator) as they were safe but an oral tablet wasn't apparently. So I would trust my doctor more than the leaflet. They are obliged to put these things in so the company doesn't get into trouble. Should be fine hunni.
Hope you feel better soon
X x x x

I thought the increase in discharge was a sympton of being pregnant in the sense of more discharge decreases the risk of getting an infection up there?

I think if it were me I wouldn't be putting cream up there...! If you have a urine infection surely just antibiotics will be fine on their own?

its irritated though and i dnt want it to get worse as it could irritate my cervix which at the mo is healthy so i dnt want to risk that

Did she say it was thrush? I've read that thrush can be common in early pregnancy. I would say it's better treated than left. X x x x

<H3>What is bacterial vaginosis?

Although 'yeast' is the name most women think of when they think of vaginal infections, bacterial vaginosis (BV) is the most common type of vaginal infection in women of reproductive age. BV is caused by a combination of several bacteria. These bacteria seem to overgrow in much the same way as Candida do when the vaginal balance is upset. The exact reason for this overgrowth is not known.
Is bacterial vaginosis transmitted by sexual intercourse?

BV is not transmitted through sexual intercourse but is more common in women who are sexually active. It is also not a serious health concern but can increase a woman's risk of developing other sexually transmitted diseases and can increase the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) following surgical procedures such as abortion and hysterectomy. Some studies have shown an increased risk of early labour and premature births in women who have the infection during pregnancy. More recent investigations do not support this relationship.
</H3>What are the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis?

Up to 50 per cent of women who have bacterial vaginosis do not have any symptoms. Most women learn they have the infection during a gynaecologic exam. But if symptoms do appear, they can include:
  • white or discoloured discharge
  • discharge that smells "fishy", that is often strongest after sex
  • pain during urination
  • itchy and sore vagina.
How is bacterial vaginosis diagnosed?

Your doctor can tell you if you have BV. He or she will examine you and will take a sample of fluid from your vagina. The fluid is viewed under a microscope. In most cases, your doctor can tell immediately if you have BV.
What is the treatment for bacterial vaginosis?

Bacterial vaginosis can only be treated with medicine prescribed by your doctor. Over-the-counter remedies will not cure BV. The most common medicines prescribed for BV are called metronidazole ) and clindamycin . These medications may be taken as a pill or used as a vaginal cream or gel.
Should I be treated for bacterial vaginosis if I am pregnant?

Maybe. But some medications for BV should not be taken during the first three months of pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant. Also let your doctor know if you think that you might be pregnant. You and your doctor should discuss whether or not the infection should be treated.
How can I protect myself from bacterial vaginosis?

Ways to prevent BV are not yet known. Female hygiene products like douches and deodorants will not cure the infection. These products may even make the infection worse.

Ok I'm no
Professional but BV shouldn't be left untreated. It's nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure the pessary won't cause any damage.

If you're really worried could you call the nurse?

X x x x

its a cream so im not like shoving something solid up there so im more at ease about that and its only before i go bed so i wnt be walking round with it if u get me, do u guys recon babys okay and this is what cause the bleed???

I'm sure baby is fine hunni :) not sure if that could have caused the bleeding but I'm sure everything will be fine. Try to relax, I know it's not easy. *hugs*

X x x x

thank for the adie girls, they said cervix is healthy so im slightly more positive and im just guna get my treatment done and hopefull i will feel better

day of anti-biotics and my tummy ache has near enoth gone, bonus! and did the cream last night in bed and had no problem tbf! most of it came bk out this morning tmi sorry! so at leasti know my cervix ant absorbing it so baby shud be okay fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back