WARNING ALWAYS CHECK BANK STATMENTS !!!

rhian85

Reaction score
OMG we are so so fooking angry :evil: we have always shopped with tesco either in store or on - line..but this month we did it in-line..anyway OH was checking the balances on line last night and after looking at his statment 3 time he noticed a tesco store transaction for almost £60 that was done the day after we had home delivery..

two things clicked with us one being the money from home delivery had already gone out which on statment said "Tesco.com"

so he rang the bank and they told him the transaction was put in via hand NOT chip and pin and it happend on saturday around 12pm NEITHER of us were at tesco or anywhere near it then :shock:

tesco .com told us it was defo in store where it happend and that the clubcard was not used "we always use it " so i had to ring my local store who are blaming tesco.com even tho the transaction went thru checkout 33 WTF :shock:
the manager also asked me if i order wine....urm NOOOO never order wine . but she was still passing blame to tesco.com but excuse me how can tesco.com get to the fOOking checkout in bangor north wales :wall: :wall:

got a bit investigation going on now and shes going to ring me back in the morning..im going for compo on this or taking it to local press we are so annoyed.

BE WARNED...CHECK AND CHECK AND CHECK OVER UR BANK STATMENTS :hug:

:shock: That is shocking, i really hope you get to the bottom of it

Im confused :oops:
You say the transcation was the day after your delivery? had they already taken the money for your delivery then? as with all deliverys Ive ever had they don't take the money untill the day its delivered or the day after and If it is something dodgy then it sounds like someone could have cloned his card and therefore it wouldn't be tescos fault :think: but like I said i'm a bit confused lol :oops:

my mum and dads card got cloned or summat too not so long ago...paid for 2 t-mobile top ups with it!! one for £50 and oe for £30 on the same day but apprently thye cant trace where the money went to...i mean they have the company and the phone numbers :roll:
Hope you get it sorted hun

iv heard that too, that for some reason stolen credit cards are untraceable if used for mobile top-ups :think: but i thought pay-as-u-go fones are still registered to owners? im sure mine is!

hope u get to the bottom of it! ask tesco to check what items were put thru checkout 33, and ask to see cctv footage of that checkout at that time thats wot i'd do

Princess_Puddles said:
You say the transcation was the day after your delivery? had they already taken the money for your delivery then? as with all deliverys Ive ever had they don't take the money untill the day its delivered or the day after and If it is something dodgy then it sounds like someone could have cloned his card and therefore it wouldn't be tescos fault :think: but like I said i'm a bit confused lol :oops:

the home delivery was for £85 and hat went out on friday...but on monday there was another transaction carried out on saturday in store...tesco have confirmed it was nothing to do with the home delivery as that was taken on friday.

just seems tesco store want to pass blame to tesco.com but both tesco.com and our bank have said it was definatley in store only we were not there at the time or day !!

she asked me if i had wine on the order but when i told her we never have wine as we dont drink it..she just started stuttering :think: :think:

makes me even more suspicious that she knows it hapend in store...may be a member of staff has done it ? :think: :think:

rhian85 said:
Princess_Puddles said:

the home delivery was for £85 and hat went out on friday...but on monday there was another transaction carried out on saturday in store...tesco have confirmed it was nothing to do with the home delivery as that was taken on friday.

just seems tesco store want to pass blame to tesco.com but both tesco.com and our bank have said it was definatley in store only we were not there at the time or day !!

she asked me if i had wine on the order but when i told her we never have wine as we dont drink it..she just started stuttering :think: :think:

makes me even more suspicious that she knows it hapend in store...may be a member of staff has done it ? :think: :think:
Oh right :oops:
Well whatever happens hun your OH will get the money back from the bank!

about two years ago my dad was working in france and my mum had a call from their bank saying there was a "large transaction" going through on their joint account in the Cartier store in Paris... obviously thinking that my dad was buying her jewellery she said "oh my husband is in france so that's fine"

3 weeks later while my mum was still waiting for her lovely present my dad got the bank statement through and went mental cause there was a £15k charge on there from cartier! took them ages to get it back because my mum had said it was ok!! She was gutted!

:rotfl:

hopefully Tesco have just made a mistake and used your card details instead of someone else's. Hope you hear from them soon :)

I think there is something fishy going on with the Tesco website at the moment. Both OH and I have had to cancel credit cards this month as they have had fraudulent transactions on them. OH's was used fraudulently to make a Tesco Direct purchase. As he normally pays for the shopping delivery but had no credit card, I put the next shop at Tesco on mine. 2 days later I apparently spent £5k on a holiday :? . The credit card company asked if I was sure I hadn't booked a holiday, and I said 'yes, I'm sure. I work for an airline and book all my flights through them, and own a holiday property company and have only stayed in our own accomodation on holiday for the last 2 years.' They are still trying to chase down the thief now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back