walking worries x

linzi-x-

Reaction score
My LO is 16months (yesterday). About 2 weeks ago she started to walk, and within 2 mins of learnin how she was all over the place for 2 days constantly.... since then i think ive seen her do it a total of 4 times, but only when she thinks its game. she also tends to do a total of 2 steps and thn drop to the floor... She costantly walks around on her knees (even has a sort of run) she only really crawls when she wants to get somewhere fast. All members of my family walked at around 14months and My LO's dads family between 14 and 16months so i wasnt expecting an early walker. when she started the other week i thought yaaaay this is it but she seemed to have gone backwards now..

my lil sister walked at 16months and she also walked around on her knees, we know know however this is due to flat feet. but once she learnt to walk shw walked and never went back to knees.

has anyone ever had this problem with there LO's and if so was there a reason for it... ie, flat feet, bad knees etc.....
whenever ive asked my hv she just says its nothing to worry about rather than give reasons why this could be.. i mean i know she might generally just not want to walk yet, but it still worries me just incase thats not the reason

thanks in advance

xxxxx linzi xxxxx

Hiya,

i wouldn't worry to much all children learn at different stages our son started walking a week after his frist birthday but he has been very slow with talking he was just over 2 when we could understand my hv even referred him to speech therapy! and potty training was a nightmare at first but now he's fab, trying to get him to go for a poo on the toilet was tough as he only ever wanted to do it in a nappy/pullups which we've only just got him out of nappies and he's 4 in july! Tonight he's gone to bed with proper pants for the first time he's bound to wet then bed but he'll learn to know that he'd rather go to the toilet just like with the poo's.

And as for baths my god! you couldn't lie him down to wash his hair, he much prefers showers now though which is alot easier

sorry for rambbling on

honestly i'm sure ur LO is fine but if you are really concerned consult ur doctor midwives do tend to brush you off with "don't worry about it" :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back