Walker

Misslarue

Reaction score
My OH wants to get Dan a walker (the chair with wheels)
He's 20 weeks on wednesday and the age recommended is 6 months. I'm really paranoid and have to go by the book on everything :roll: much to my OH annoyance!
I'm worried his little legs won't be ready. He was also 4 weeks prem, so I don't know if this will effect him either :think:
Did anyone else get a walker early or am I right in waiting?
Help! its hard when you're a first time mum and your OH tells you you worry too much :lol:

rhys is almost 5 months and i think hes almost ready to go in a walker too. he stands up quite comfortably when you hold his hands and he can also sit up.

i think you have to use your own judgement. as long as he can hold his head up and things i dont see why not!!!

let me know what you decide!!

i think Hope was 5 months when she went in one, as long as they can sit up and hold there head up ok then they should be fine :D

Mel&Hope said:
i think Hope was 5 months when she went in one, as long as they can sit up and hold there head up ok then they should be fine :D

I agree with Mel, Harry went in one at 5 months, he was able to sit up really well and wasn't far off 6 months. I got a rolocking off my HV though :roll:

Thea has had one since five months, she has really a strong back, neck and legs and loves to stand. As long as little ones feet can touch the floor flat rather than on their tippy toes it should be fine.

alice has one (at my mums), and she has been in it a few times... well supported with blankets to start with though :)

my HV says you shouldn't use them due to risks of them walking to tip toes when they are older though :roll:

Thanks girls :hug:
Dan can hold his head up really well and is good on his legs...........he's been in a tigger door jumpy thing (what's it called!) since 3 months so has quite strong legs.
Think I will get one and see how he goes.
OH is very happy!

Princess_Puddles said:
[quote="Mel&Hope":1t5syy05]i think Hope was 5 months when she went in one, as long as they can sit up and hold there head up ok then they should be fine :D

I agree with Mel, Harry went in one at 5 months, he was able to sit up really well and wasn't far off 6 months. I got a rolocking off my HV though :roll:[/quote:1t5syy05]
They give you a rolocking for owt these days, we lknow our babies better then anyone and if we thought it was gonna be bad for them then we wouldnt do it, do it if it feels right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back