Waking in the night out of habit..advice please(:

katie05

Reaction score
Hi girls, my lil girl is 4 months now and she slept through for a week at 11 weeks then stopped. Since then she goes to bed a 7 and wakes anywhere between 3-5. She then only has about 3oz of milk then goes till 7 but then is not interested in her morning bottle :wall:
i have tried extending her bedtime but she is irritable and gets overtired. i also offered water for 2 weeks on h.v advice but she would have it then id rock her to sleep then shed only last another hour. The idea was that shed stop waking for water but she never.
So im sure this is habit but how to i break this?

Any advice greatly appreciated :D :D

Hi, yeah she goes down awake at 7 and also is awake after her night feed when i put her back down.

My h/v advised baby rice at 4 months when I was having problems settling Ricky, but this is not something I can reccomend obviously as it is early. Maybe have a chat to your h/v again ans see what she suggests.
How long does she cry for if you leave her to re-settle without the bottle? it may be worth trying to gradually increase the length of time you leave her, or giving a dream-feed around 11 (if you can stay awake) and gradually water the feed down week by week.

sounds like she's going through the 4 month growth spurt - often mistaken for a need to wean when there isn't at all. the 4 month growth spurt is often an extended and very fussy period which you just have to put up with i'm afraid... rarely does introducing baby rice or anything else make a difference. if she's teething at all, then that will also upset her feeding/sleeping habits.

IMHO be grateful that you've had such good sleep til now! i'm 8.5 months in and connor's yet to sleep through. :lol: :lol:

Thanks girls, not sure if its a growth spurt though as shes been doing this from 10 weeks. Afraid i dont sleep though..i wish. i have a 3 year old who still shouts on me through the night! :rotfl: Thanks again.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back