virus?

FAO mods, I wonder if this has just started happening when two (or possibly the same) 'members' have joined and since started posting links to other sites, could be flagging up a scam? I have no idea, but there are two threads in ttc that are almost definitely not legit.

I did flag one of them... might go and flag t'other leesey its probably the best way for the mods to keep on track x

This was an issue because of tickers from the site named in the warning. If there's a member posting links to another site please report the post x

There isn't yet, but i reported a guy in TTC who is definitely a spammer saying all sorts of strange stuff and then another woman (alledgedly) typing in the same manner and mentioning they know all this and that about pregnancy

then the first spammer said

'I have learnt much from reading your article' or something and its quite obvious what they are up too..

As soon as I read this post I did wonder if it was linked to the weird convo in TTC. Very strange.

I dont think they have posted any links yet and the virus said it came from 'pregnancy-layouts' which would mean tickers... but it is very odd that they have popped up together... who knows!

Spammers are unfortunately a common happening on forums, all forums.

We have a pretty good system in place that doesn't require much moderation however you will find random 'strange' posts like you have mentioned because they have not been successful getting their link through (a message appears informing the member that x many posts is required). Some give up and try to return at a later date to post link discreetly. It's not all scams, link back is a popular way to get search engines to like you that favour you on Google, etc.

Please report any suspicious activity by using the report post function
report.gif

Dragonfly it was definitely a ticker (and harmless at that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back