Virgin media, Any good?

kellie80

Reaction score
I'm thinking of swapping over to virgin media and getting one of them v+ boxes. i'm currently on sky plus but I like the idea of being able to record 3 thing at once instaed of 2. Theres a few other things that sound good too like the free Setanta and free box in another room. So what are they like, is it any good? Also what is the broadband like?cos we're with Tiscali at the minute and they are crap

In my area... My Parents have it and they are losing channels everyday cos of sky

They don't have any good movie channels or sky 1

That could just be my area tho as our local council won't let anymore cables be put down :(

I have VM with the V+ box. We have to pay an extra £10 a month for it but its well worth it to be able to record series that you miss (handy espcially with kids!) plus the delay telly thing is also really handy if the phone goes or the door bell rings.

We also have VM broadband and its really good, we have the 10MB (is that the right phrase?) because we threatened to leave them for sky after the whole sky 1 fiasco, so we get our tv package (the full one) for £35 per month and got the broadband put up from 4mb to 10mb for no extra cost :cheer: .

We live in a really windy area because we are on a very high hill and our tv reception is never disturbed by the wind, which i hear is a big problem with sky.
:D

I am with virgin..never had any probs with boradband or tv box for that matter but have lost sky 1

we've never had a prob with broadband. sometimes the tv box (not v+) plays up but we just turn it off at the wall for 30 secs and its fine again

I can't use Sky (not allowed to install a Sky dish outside my building) so have only got experience of Virgin Media and nothing to compare it against. I would say the the downside of VM compared to Sky is that you can't get any of the Sky channels on VM, so if you're a fan of 24 and Lost, then you won't be happy.

we went from sky to virgin after sky ripped us off (long story lol) and we have been very happy with them! You dont get the sky channels such as sky 1 and movies no, but anything you miss can be downloaded (legally) from the internet so its no biggy, its only really lost we have to do that with.

The other bonuses are you dont have the silly rule of having to have them plugged into phonelines at all times, you dont pay any extra subs for extra boxes, and extra channels on the on demand service are excellent - tonnes of movies, a lot of things that have been on tv you can go back and watch if you missed them (no charge for 90% and no extra subs) and all in all its been brilliant for us.

Plus the free evening and weekend calls and excellent broadband, and their customer services is really good too.

Thanks, they sound quite good! Looked on the net and it reckons its £140 for the box which is half the price of Skys HD box but its still a lot of money. As anyone got it cheaper or knows of any deals? If not I think we are still gonna switch over to them but would be nice to get the box cheaper :D Also how long does it take to get it put in as I have Sky, BT and Tiscali to cancel.

from what i can remember, the broadband and phone was done for us by virgin, as we had already cancelled sky im not sure what happens there. Its worth a quick call to their customer service though and they can tell you how it works and if there are any deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back